Toyota culls some V6 models

News and discussions related to the Hilux brand

Re: Toyota culls some V6 models

Postby Hellbound on Sat, 06 Jul 2013 8:19 +0000

Agree with above - the V6 is the king on the sand without a doubt.

But using it for carting tools / building materials around 6 days a week - gimme the diesel Mr. Toyota :mrgreen:

I think that the new model will deffinately have at least a 6cyl diesel option as the current d4d was great in 2005 when it came out, and blew everyone away at the time - things have changed - the competition has stepped their running gear and drive trains now its toyotas turn to go to the next level again and get back on top.

The current 5speed box dates back to the toyota surf released in the 1990's and all theyve done is strengthen the output shaft and gears and it barely can come with a standard D4d....
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Re: Toyota culls some V6 models

Postby pootrol on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 5:56 +0000

I picked the v6 in 09. my theory is I have always had petty Toyotas and played with them. they are the toughest well built engines around and there only down fall is there too tough which causes poor maintanence when old. mine has got enough weight on board to drop its economy from its 550 a tank new to 380 now. its upto 160k now without one mech prob. I started my own servicing from 60k and never got that stupid valve clearance thing checked cos I don't wont any one pulling a good engine apart. it tows a lot, sees a lot of beach and goes to lcmp for a bashing. some times the engine can be turned on and off 10 times in an hour for work. mates with similar trade vehicles are getting 150klm more to a tank but once off road or like last year towing boats across to the west coast of fraser my mates td got the same economy as mine. I don't see a new age diesel getting great life spans without something going wrong. toyo pettys have had the same formula for the last 30 years and is proven. water crossings these days I think the petty is a more reliable engine or at least a lot less can go wrong. once paid off im thinking of a ls1 conversion. :twisted:
See my face book page at. Custom canopies.
pootrol

Previous

Return to Toyota News