Changing Snorkel Fitment

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Changing Snorkel Fitment

Postby defect on Tue, 10 Oct 2023 6:26 +0000

Hi,
I have previously installed a stainless snorkel, and now want dual snorkels. The brand that I bought does not make one for the passenger side. I am mainly worried about the holes in the pillar and not sure what to do about them as the new brand of snorkel does not line up with them.

Thank you
defect

Re: Changing Snorkel Fitment

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:38 +0000

defect wrote:Hi,
I have previously installed a stainless snorkel, and now want dual snorkels. The brand that I bought does not make one for the passenger side. I am mainly worried about the holes in the pillar and not sure what to do about them as the new brand of snorkel does not line up with them.

Thank you

How long is a piece of string? That is, how much do you want to spend? Take it to a panel beater and have them weld the holes closed, they'll then polish and paint to make it look like nothing was ever there.
Rob_Wood

Postby defect on Wed, 11 Oct 2023 6:31 +0000

Rob_Wood wrote:
defect wrote:Hi,

Thank you

How long is a piece of string? That is, how much do you want to spend? Take it to a panel beater and have them weld the holes closed, they'll then polish and paint to make it look like nothing was ever there.

Thats what i was thinking, just was unsure if it would effect the structure or anything of it. Cheers
defect

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 4:43 +0000

defect wrote:
Rob_Wood wrote:
defect wrote:

Thats what i was thinking, just was unsure if it would effect the structure or anything of it. Cheers

Panel Beaters in Australia are qualified to ensure the work they do doesn't adversely affect the structure of the vehicle.
Rob_Wood

Postby defect on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 8:50 +0000

Thank you
defect

Postby Gipsy on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 10:59 +0000

I'm still wondering why you would want dual snorkels on a 20 year old gen 3-6 hilux unless you have fitted a ls v8 motor :shock:
And yes it will affect the structure if you start drilling into the A-pillar :?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 12 Oct 2023 7:16 +0000

Gipsy wrote:I'm still wondering why you would want dual snorkels on a 20 year old gen 3-6 hilux unless you have fitted a ls v8 motor :shock:
And yes it will affect the structure if you start drilling into the A-pillar :?

Same thoughts here, but each to their own. If I had the coin (couple of Lotto wins) I'd have my 2004 lux restored, put in a small V8, hardened seats & valves for gas and then tuned for H2 use. Newer style dash fitout with the computer screen thing fitted.
I guess we all have dreams.
Rob_Wood

Return to Exterior Mods