MadMax 1989 toyota hilux

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

MadMax 1989 toyota hilux

Postby geeward on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 3:41 +0000

as the title suggests i have myself a 1989 Toyota Hilux that i am planing on modding the Shit out of in order to get it looking insane! :twisted:
Its main purpose will be to take to shows and drive on the road as and when its needed.
It has a Rover V8 Petrol engine under the hood, so I'm not going to mess around too much under there.
but the cab and the body work are going to get overhauled like never before.

so the reason i am posting is to ask for tips and advice form all of you on the site. your 2 cents. any ideas or suggestions of what i can do and use to get this done.
its currently on Leafs. so i'd want to change that over to springs. i did hear you can fit prado springs on a hilux, not sure if thats true...
i'd also like to strip to the dash and fit something original there. so ideas about what gauges would work and carry the theme I'm aiming for would help.
the wings and hood. wings ill chop and widen, hood I'm looking for a scoop or intake that will look mean enough. if not ill also fabricated that.
the Radiator is stock so that needs increasing in size and i think this could make a great feature if it looks like it was pulled of a Rig. the grill ill replace and fabricate something if i can't find anything that looks good enough.

anyways, its early days yet.

Thanks in advance for you're thoughts.

positive and negative comments are welcome. after all we are all entitled to our own opinion 8-)
geeward

Re: MadMax 1989 toyota hilux

Postby john253a on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 7:54 +0000

They make a heap of glass fenders and hoods in states that will allowe 35" tyres with out any lift
You can get them in 5" up 5" out look up Ivan Stewart fenders and hood, with shipping just under 3k au (shipping is just around 1800 with taxes,

Dual cab, single or extra? If you have single or extra, just bolt the hole thing on a 80 series pre 92 chassis
But the v8 will prob have to go, for something newer the 92 to meet emissions

By the time you 3 link the front and 4 the rear with crossover steer you will have dropped 10-12k before you even look into engineeres
To do probley 3 link front with 14 fox dual rate coilovers alone will cost you 1500au, quality hyme joins will run you up another 600, 4140 will be the bar of choose for tierods and links
Makes 80 series chassis sway 80% cheaper before you even fine tune anything,

You could just fit high steer the with a set of trail gear with width housing (snake racing stock them) with a set longs, on -22 wheels giving you a width of 1650mm increase width 150mm
Through on new flared hood and fenders pant job and 33" with lockers and lockup 4x4 leaves with 12" shockers
And have a very capable off reloaded with good onroad manners for under 12k finished
farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Re: MadMax 1989 toyota hilux

Postby geeward on Mon, 20 Jun 2016 1:18 +0000

hi John
Thanks for the information.
ill look into the about as I'm green to all this.
i'd prefer to use parts from other vehicles to give more of the 'madmax' look I'm after. the car doesn't have to be that practical.
i've just spent the weekend striping it down so already having some ideas. the back tray seems a little too far gone to bother spending the time to fix so I'm considering getting hold of an old trailer and using that instead.
its going to look more frankenstein as i progress. i'm just going to have to see how everything looks together before making decisions.
geeward

Return to Exterior Mods