Genuine bullbar bracket removal

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Genuine bullbar bracket removal

Postby Phil4x4 on Sat, 06 Feb 2021 11:15 +0000

Hi all,

New to the forum and just noticed I’d posted in the wrong section.

...I hope I can get some advice here.

I’m trying to remove the brackets that mount the oem bullbar but the nut is buried inside the chassis and the bolt head is welded
There is no room to get a socket/spanner inside

Anyone have any ideas please?
Phil4x4

Re: Genuine bullbar bracket removal

Postby Krat on Sun, 07 Feb 2021 1:32 +0000

Just checked mine out. Looks like you are talking about the standard Mounting Plate that the original bumper or OEM Bullbar brackets mount to. Not sure why you would want to remove this plate, however, I'm sure you would have to take to the weld with an angle grinder first to allow it to undue.
Krat

Re: Genuine bullbar bracket removal

Postby Phil4x4 on Sun, 07 Feb 2021 5:02 +0000

Thanks for the reply Krat

Yeah, it’s not clear what I’m supposed to do. The XROX just came with a big bag of mixed nuts, bolts, etc
and the instructions basically say ‘put it together’ without saying what goes where.

Anyway, I managed to get the oem brackets off by fashioning a tool form an old spark plug wrench,
The oem mounts definitely needed to be removed as the new brackets that came with the XROX line up.
...but, it’s still not clear how to attached them with all the spacers, bolts etc.

If anyone has a photo of the XROX mounts on the vehicle without the bar attached, that would be a great help.
...in the meantime I’ll keep staring at it and scratching my head!
Phil4x4

Return to Exterior Mods