TJM T13 BULL BAR- COLOUR CODED

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Postby shvern on Tue, 18 Dec 2018 7:08 +0000

Hello All,

Looking high and low for a bullbar, ive been googling for the past week but hard to find multiple images of the same bar from different angles, also searching multiple shed profile on newhilux.net.

Currently i can get a good deal on a TJM T13 DELUXE OUTBACK WINCH BAR. My hilux is a 2010 so the pre face lift model in the graphite grey colour. Im looking at getting the bar colour coded. Basically if anyone has this bar fitted with the same graphite grey colour, i would love some photos.

Tossing up between the ARB DELUXE, TJM T13 and also looking at the MCC Falcon. My biggest concern is how the bar fits and the headlights and physical size. I dont want some large sand plough hanging off the front.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D
shvern

Re: TJM T13 BULL BAR- COLOUR CODED

Postby tazmancrash on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:51 +0000

I can't help with the colour coading, but I do have the MCC Falcon bar on my 06. Definitely not a sand plow.
I have the Falcon 707 al in aluminum. The bar wasn't that heavy but the winch bar sure is.
There's plenty of extra gussets in both corners.
The fitment around the lights is fine. All bars that I have seen have a plastic infill peice that bolts to the top of the bar. There is always a 10mm gap between the bar & the side guard. This is to allow some flex & twist without damaging the guard.
I changed to the 09 headlights at the same time.
Check out my build thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tazmancrash

Postby glulux on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 8:04 +0000

shvern wrote:Tossing up between the ARB DELUXE, TJM T13 and also looking at the MCC Falcon. My biggest concern is how the bar fits and the headlights and physical size. I dont want some large sand plough hanging off the front.

I just installed a TJM outback onto my 2012 Hilux.

I was tossing up between the ARB and the TJM. Whilst the ARB looks great I went with the TJM for a few reasons:

- the shopping experience was better with TJM. The guy was super helpful, gave me heaps of information, was good to talk to, gave me a quote, etc. ARB guy was gruff, couldn’t be bothered to talk to me, couldn’t be bothered to give me a quote as ‘the prices were changing soon anyway’. Comes down to the local shop I suppose.
- TJM outback bar is all inclusive - includes the winch compatibility, includes wiring looms, includes lights. ARB was $200 more for the base model, plus another $300 or so by the time you added all the above extras. Plus TJM had 25% off before Christmas so saved a chunk of money there.

I also saved a bit of money by installing it myself. Instructions say 1.5hrs. Guy in the shop said it takes them about 3-4. Took me about 7 all up. That included soldering the fog lights rather than using the new full harness (already had them). But that wasn’t rushing and it was an enjoyable experience.

Re: colour matching go for it if you want, but I think the straight black bar off sets the car nicely. Too much of the one colour can be a bit full on. Plus with a black colour any scratches you can easily touch up.

The bar fits really well. I just followed the instructions, cut the bumper, no issues at all as far as installation was concerned. Just get a friend to help you lift it up.

Only negative (and this would be with all bullbars with loops) was that I cop a bit of headlight reflection at night off the back of the bar (probably cause I’m tall), but I’ve stuck a small piece of black tape there to dull it and that worked fine. I might eventually spray that small patch with a bit of matt black if the tape starts peeling off. So far so good.

Finished:

With trimmed bumper:
glulux

Re: TJM T13 BULL BAR- COLOUR CODED

Postby Damiflaco on Tue, 15 Jun 2021 9:06 +0000

The bar fits really well. I just followed the instructions, cut the bumper, no issues at all as far as installation was concerned. Just get a friend to help you lift it up.

Only negative (and this would be with all bullbars with loops) was that I cop a bit of headlight reflection at night off the back of the bar (probably cause I’m tall), but I’ve stuck a small piece of black tape there to dull it and that worked fine. I might eventually spray that small patch with a bit of matt black if the tape starts peeling off. So far so good.

Finished:

With trimmed bumper:
Image[/quote]

Hey glulux.

I know this is an old post but i just bought the same bar, second hand for my 2014 sr5. Did you require a cradle or bracket of some kind to install this or does it bolt on straight to the car? I just got the bullbar and a heap of nuts and bolts.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys
Damiflaco

Return to Exterior Mods