Grill & Paint?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Grill & Paint?

Postby Kimiko on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:29 +0000

Pulled Hilux out of the garage again determined drive it one day... (spinal tumor left me with impaired feeling in feet) I'm just content playing around a bit when I can, I spied this grill doodad that looks cute and was wondering under the grill is that black paint or some sort of sticker I'm curious to try it out but if I don't like it I want it to be reversible

Daddy's Little Princess
Kimiko

Re: Grill & Paint?

Postby Kimiko on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 3:46 +0000

Watching youtube video (I know dangerous right xD) would plasti dip work for just blacking out the bumper section around the plate and how hard is it to apply
Daddy's Little Princess
Kimiko

Postby where'smycat on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 7:21 +0000

Hope you make a full recovery, that's gotta be tough.

Those grilles are way thinner than the factory ones, and you'll need to stick a strip of rubber along the top to seal with the bonnet, but I've got one, much prefer it to factory and have had no dramas with it.

Plasti Dip is definitely the go if you want it to be reversible, just get a can or 2 and have a play. If you follow the dip your car youtube vids you can't really go wrong....if you do, just peel it off. Warm the cans up in a bucket of water, and keep them warm between coats for a smoother finish and layer up slowly. I dipped my badges 3 years ago now and they're good as new, after off road work and pressure washing.
where'smycat

Postby Kimiko on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 10:38 +0000

I was supposed to be in a wheelchair but somehow I'm walking keeping things interesting...

hmm thinner dont know if I like that idea people could just push it in and open the hood, It does look pretty cute compared to the normal one

seems plastidip would be easier to apply then some sort of wrap idk sending it in for 60k service on monday will go trough a carwash or something and make it all bright n shiny decide from there
Daddy's Little Princess
Kimiko

Postby taresk on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 1:14 +0000

I have the same grille, and I agree it is pretty flimsy, but it does look the goods.

When I bought my Lux the previous owner had the bumper blacked out like that (you can see the pics in my build thread), looked to be satin black spray paint (when I touched it up with satin black, it looked the same). this guy looks to have gone with a gloss option. Plasti dip would work just as well.

Gotta say though, i'm interested to know what bonnet he's running on that.
taresk

Return to Exterior Mods