Problem with sidebars vs crossmember.

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Problem with sidebars vs crossmember.

Postby EdgeOutdoors on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 8:26 +0000

Hi guys, So I have a 2014 Xtra cab Hilux (2.5l diesel) and I'm working on it to make it into a tactical overland truck.

Now I have some problems with the ARB sidebars and the ARB bashplates. Both of them need to be mounted on the crossmember. But it seems that the crossmember should be 2cm more in front to fix the sidebars and the last (I have 4 pieces) part of the bashplate.

On the instructions it says that the bars and plates are for a double cab model. But I thought the chassis of the Hilux is the same for a single, xtra or double cab.

Is there any difference between the chassis of these models? Is the crossmember in a slighly different place?

As you see in the photo; nr 2 & 3 line up with the chassis but nr 1 which goes over the crossmember sticks out to far towards the front, so it is impossible to mount...

Thanks a lot guys

Btw: soon I will post a member build up with a lot of photos 8-)
EdgeOutdoors

Re: Problem with sidebars vs crossmember.

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 8:32 +0000

I can check the arb book tomoz but I'm pretty sure there are differences in the chassis.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 02 Jul 2017 8:43 +0000

Just had a look in the online book and they list a set of numbers to fit the dual cab and extra cab and different set of numbers for the single cab and cab/chassis. If you got yours as a cab/chassis it mite be different. I have come across this b4 but I just can't remember the model.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby EdgeOutdoors on Mon, 03 Jul 2017 12:12 +0000

Thanks for the information! So it seems that it is different after all...
If possible please check your book so it is 100% sure.

If i have that I'm gonna contact my dealer.

Thanks again!

Greetz
EdgeOutdoors

Postby EdgeOutdoors on Fri, 18 Aug 2017 4:47 +0000

Hi guys, so today I finaly had the time to tackle the problem. I had no other option than cutting and welding nr 1 you see in the photo of my first post.

Here are some photos, that explane what I did... In the end it worked out great. They are welded on the outside and inside on a 10mm steel plate. Strong enough for me and they look way better then the originals. 8-)

upload images

EdgeOutdoors

Return to Exterior Mods