Winch install on an xrox bar

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Winch install on an xrox bar

Postby downunderhunter on Fri, 26 May 2017 3:02 +0000

Hey guys,
I'm a completely new to modfiying cars and Im stuck, I've got a Runva 11xp premium winch and xrox bar I'm struggling to see how I actually mount the winch to the bar. Do I have to drill thru it and bolt it on or do I need to buy a winch cradle or something? Is it possible the winch is to big for the bar because the plate where it looks like you'd fit the winch is to narrow to hold the whole winch.
thanks for the help
Sean
downunderhunter

Re: Winch install on an xrox bar

Postby Miss_Gytr on Fri, 26 May 2017 4:52 +0000

We mounted a Grande winch to an Xrox bar. Had to change the fairlead that came with it though. Need an offset fairlead like this
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=winc ... 3iDTHFD3hM:

The bolts should go through the front of the bar and bolt straight into the winch. If its the same there should be 4 threads in the winch housing.

Only thing i had trouble with was finding somewhere to mount the winch control box. was no room behind the bar. Ended up mounting it to 1 side. you can just see it behind the rhs of the bullbar in the pic.
Top 2 Bolts i had to put straight through the numberplate because i couldnt mount it anywhere else. But at least it wont get lost in river crossings.
Miss_Gytr

Postby downunderhunter on Sun, 28 May 2017 10:56 +0000

thanks for the reply mate, I managed to get it all mounted up
downunderhunter

Postby deadset16 on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:53 +0000

Hey guys,
Just about to order an install a 12k ironman winch. Just wondering if you guys managed to install them on the xrox without taking the bar off the car.
deadset16

Postby Stinomus on Sat, 29 Sep 2018 6:03 +0000

I did a Dominator on my 2013 with xrox bar. Plan was to pull off the bash plate and try and go in underneath but didn’t have a rattle gun to get the bolts off so I pulled the front grill out and dropped it in from the top which was nice and easy. There’s a little spot-welded bracket in there to get past but that’s easy to just pry off then put back on with some tek screws.
Stinomus

Return to Exterior Mods