Replacing Bullbar with Std Bumper experiences?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Replacing Bullbar with Std Bumper experiences?

Postby awill on Thu, 13 Oct 2016 7:27 +0000

Hi all,

Im looking at selling off my alloy ECB bar and Tubor winch as I'm not a fan and for the time being go back to the standard SR5 bumper and a black nudge bar as I like this look.
Then when I have the funds for an ARB deluxe bar I may do that down the track.

My question is has anyone reverted back and has there been any issues with cutting of supports etc from the bullbar installation? I had a good look underneath but as far as I can tell it all seems to be intact apart from front inner guards which hopefully I can pickup from a wrecker or privately.

Im just concerned I'll buy a bumper and get the bar off and realise it will be a mammoth task to install and find everything I need.

Im also wondering how many bolts will be missing and if toyota will sell them separately.

PS if you know where to find a white SR5 bumper in WA that would be an absolute bonus.

Many thanks guys.

Adam
awill

Re: Replacing Bullbar with Std Bumper experiences?

Postby taresk on Fri, 14 Oct 2016 3:58 +0000

There's a lot of stuff that comes off with a bullbar install, but nothing is irreversibly changed (aside from the inner guards). I found out I had the wrong bullbar mounts when fitting my first bullbar, and managed to put the bumper back on in 15min, it's quite easy if you have all the parts (although I did break a few small black plastic clips that held the flare extensions on, but you can buy them cheap at Toyota).

Some things like the plastic wings for the skid plate, the little plastic brackets under the headlights, the bumper support brackets, etc might be hard to source, unless you approach some place that fits a lot of bullbars (they might have a pile of parts/ bolts ready for the recyclers that they'd be happy to sell)

As for actually finding a bumper, I'd just scour e-bay, gumtree, or again ask at a place that fits bars.
taresk

Postby awill on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 4:01 +0000

Cheers mate!

Yeah I have all of the bits I think from someone that just installed a bullbar of gumtree, thanks for the advice!!
awill

Postby dave g on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 6:17 +0000

find same one that's will buy your bar and get all there parts make a deal help each other swop over

dave
dave g

Return to Exterior Mods