Bull Bar to suspension.

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Bull Bar to suspension.

Postby rockferry on Sat, 21 May 2016 8:35 +0000

Hey Guys/Girls so am looking at putting some bull bars on the truck sr5 2015 double cab, options ARB,IRON MAN,XROX

So ave got abit of dilemma have spoken to both Arb agent and Ironman, so Arb came back with that if I put the delux bar on I need to upgrade the the front suspension from the start rear will be ok (no winch, just light bar and spotties) so springs and struts and then I went to ironman (poor customer service still waiting for quote) was told "Nar you can put the bullbar on and she'll be right" no upgrade? havn't spoken to Xrox yet.

Am in New Zealand so we don't have the choices like oz and the expertise aswell. I use my ute for hunting purposes, so very little weight in the back just a few deer, 80% tar seal and 20% mud/grass shingle,corrugated rubble (nothing compared to oz tho) and unsealed high country roads so hard banking turning. Reasons for Bullbars is protection against slips of clay and rocks, Cows,Horses,Sheep, and other Drivers in Auckland lol

I seen in the recent thread they did it for tyres the pros and cons and what peoples thought on so if you want to give me what youve had and what you thought would be awesome?

Questions are as followed

Recommendations on which Bar? and why?

What would you do regarding suspension? recommend brands? I can get EFS,OME,Dobinsins.

Apprieciate the help and advice.

Thanks
rockferry

Re: Bull Bar to suspension.

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 21 May 2016 12:01 +0000

Personally I wouldn't piss on ironman crap if it was on fire! I'm a fitter for arb tho so I may be a little bias. Most of the ironman bars I replace with arb ones after some chassis repairs caused by the ironman crap. As for your suspension, it will hold up fine for a while or until you decide to put a winch in it. The xrox units r good tho maybe a little light if you plan to run into horses and cows lol! Your factory suspension will definitely handle one of them, think they weigh less then 30kg.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Tigesinaus on Sat, 21 May 2016 9:18 +0000

I had an Arab deluxe bar with no winch and never changed the suspension. Was fine.
Tigesinaus

Postby davo94 on Sun, 22 May 2016 6:32 +0000

If you what to keep the factory hight after fitting the bar you could always just upgraded the coil springs in your factory struts.
Another 2013 sr5 owner..
davo94

Postby hiluxxury on Sun, 22 May 2016 7:37 +0000

You'll be fine with the stock suspension.

Keep in mind though that you'll be adding upto 80kgs to the very front end of the car - so your front end will drop a bit.

I started with a tojo breaker bar which was about 80kgs and then got a Buds bar which is about 50kgs. The car now sits a cm higher since changing the bars.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Postby rockferry on Sun, 22 May 2016 10:17 +0000

cheers guys its apprieciated, so if i was to up grade what would you recommend on suspensions makes and model?

Cheers
rockferry

Postby Jacko9 on Sun, 22 May 2016 12:39 +0000

I wouldn't stuff around with Ironman, a lot of it is sold in my area, and I reckon TOYZX would be agree about his area too. Also seen a lot of it as 1 hit wonder stuff too, one roo seems to bust them pretty well from what my mates have done. I was told the reason a lot of people sell it is ridiculous mark ups compared to the other manufacturers around. ARB is pretty good stuff, I like them a lot more than TJM.

Suspension wise, Old Man Emu is massive out here, the local Nissan shop pretty much factors it into their quotes for the vehicles, the Toyota shop does the same, and 90% of aftermarket getting around is OME. I had Ultimate and flogged the bushes out on one ute in 40k, and flogged another out as well in similar time, and had weeping shocks. Contacted ultimate and never got a return, so these were promptly thrown to the tip and replaced with OME. I will say the Ultimate springs were really good. OME has been great mate, won't go wrong with them!
Jacko9

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 22 May 2016 3:11 +0000

Yep, what jacko9 said lol!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Return to Exterior Mods