2 drawer system for 2013 SR5 - my options?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

2 drawer system for 2013 SR5 - my options?

Postby HNK21 on Tue, 17 May 2016 4:49 +0000

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined this amazing forum, and needless to say, so much to read and it has been wonderful! So much knowledge and info, and hopefully some hints and tips could be thrown my way :D

I have been reading in detail anything to do with 2 drawer systems to purchase for my SR5. I live in Brisbane and have enquired with all of the major outlets about my options. Now I understand the TJM / ARB versions of the 1300mm are pretty expensive (2k+) and I have also looked into the ones from the 4wd Supacentre in Brendale, I think around $600.

The $600 is clearly the best option, but all the reviews I've read online have given me an ill feeling as many have had missing parts upon receiving, poor service (which I did as the guy was a complete boob to me), and not being able to see the product before purchase is a bit of a sore pint as I want to see what I'm buying..let alone waiting 8 weeks to get it :/

So my question, in the Brisbane region, could someone give me a good nudge in where my best bet is to go? Be it a store or someone who would build for me (I am not the greatest when it comes to building things. Destroying, yes...but building, no!)

Thank you for any help going my way :)
HNK21

Re: 2 drawer system for 2013 SR5 - my options?

Postby Mrmal on Wed, 18 May 2016 2:36 +0000

I ordered the drawers from the supacentre in Brendale, guy on the phone hooked me up with a deal on a roof top tent at the same time..... turned up two days later in Mackay (check sometimes the pricing is for delivery at a later time). Fitted them no issues ever since...... love the built in fridge slide. Killed two birds with the one stone there.... seem pretty solid and good latching mechs.

Mal
Mrmal

Re: 2 drawer system for 2013 SR5 - my options?

Postby HNK21 on Tue, 07 Jun 2016 8:25 +0000

So after a lot of research I've managed to locate a guy near Tweed who does fabrication and am currently getting the fit out done on a two tier drawer system. So far very happy with his work and hopefully by next week it will be completed.

Looking forward to the final product, and thanks to all the threads here that have sparked ideas for me.
When I have it done I shall upload pictures here.

Cheers
HNK21

Return to Exterior Mods