un evan bullbar been in a prang?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

un evan bullbar been in a prang?

Postby Jmann on Sat, 07 Feb 2015 3:49 +0000

So I fitted a new tjm bar to my truck last night and I got a 15mm gap on on side and 25mm on the other side couldnt seem to get them even im starting to think its been in a smash haa anyone else had this problem before?

Cheers
Jmann

Re: un evan bullbar been in a prang?

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 07 Feb 2015 6:34 +0000

Hey mate, see it a lot when I fit tjm stuff, it's not the fact that it's poor quality it's just they don't leave enough room for adjustment for today chassis. Had the die grinder out many time on tjm stuff! Usually have to pull the thing off and elongate the mounting holes.
TOYZX

Postby Bushbound on Sat, 07 Feb 2015 8:12 +0000

Jmann wrote:So I fitted a new tjm bar to my truck last night and I got a 15mm gap on on side and 25mm on the other side couldnt seem to get them even im starting to think its been in a smash haa anyone else had this problem before?

Cheers

I've read on here somewhere that the plates on the front of the chassis are often replaced when the car has front end damage and are a toyota spare part, you may need to replace them if you want a perfect fitup. Once you fit some spotties, aerials and get the bar used, nobody will notice the difference anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I strongly recommend you dont fit all the pissy little spacers tjm supply as they will only make the bar shake on rough roads. I've had some experience with these bars, see my build thread from about page 4 for ideas about mounting them, especially if you intend driving on heavily corrugated roads.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10129&start=60
Geoff
Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people.
Bushbound

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 07 Feb 2015 10:31 +0000

Yeah ill second that! The 4x4 shop I work at also does smash repairs and I've seen the panel beaters replace plenty of them end plates, even done a couple myself.
TOYZX

Postby Jmann on Sun, 08 Feb 2015 5:19 +0000

[q"TOYZX"]Hey mate, see it a lot when I fit tjm stuff, it's not the fact that it's poor quality it's just they don't leave enough room for adjustment for today chassis. Had the die grinder out many time on tjm stuff! Usually have to pull the thing off and elongate the mounting holes.[/quote]

Thats what im starting to think it all looks factory nothing looks like its been repaired.

I think ill just have to keep fiddling untill im satisfied

cheers guys
Jmann

Postby ashh on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 5:27 +0000

When I fit my tjm bar it was uneven and was wondering if it were the bar itself, I got it to within 5mm of being even difference either side, but when I bought the vehicle it had a nudge bar on it the was slightly skewif so am thinking from the above comments I could have saved a whole lot of cursing and swearing if I had known those parts were replaceable arghhh!
ashh

Postby SAtourer on Tue, 03 Mar 2015 5:41 +0000

I've got the TJM bar installed as well and noticed this gap I took it back to the store and they reckon it goes on according to where the chassis mounts are. He went on to say that the TJM bar has no play in it so they can't align it to be even both sides.
SAtourer

Return to Exterior Mods