facelift front end update to 07 hilux ???

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: facelift front end update to 07 hilux ???

Postby calebmoto777 on Sun, 12 Mar 2017 5:32 +0000

Any updates on this? Pretty keen to give it a go....
calebmoto777

Postby Argenrt on Mon, 29 May 2017 7:35 +0000

mazman76 wrote:I have an 06 and I changed the lights to a 2011 as I like the clear look lights. You need the different blinker light holder as they are different. I also upgraded to a 2008 onwards front bar, and they go on easy, but the grille cut outs are different. If you get a bar from a later model you need the grille as well, other than that, everything bolts up. In fact, I had no fog lights and the bar I picked up did, and when I plugged the lights in (same plug) I had working fig lights so I was happy with my cheap bar upgrade.

so you can swap to 2011 lights without changing the grill and frontbar?

cheers
Argenrt

Postby llough10 on Wed, 02 Aug 2017 5:15 +0000

Argenrt wrote:
mazman76 wrote:I have an 06 and I changed the lights to a 2011 as I like the clear look lights. You need the different blinker light holder as they are different. I also upgraded to a 2008 onwards front bar, and they go on easy, but the grille cut outs are different. If you get a bar from a later model you need the grille as well, other than that, everything bolts up. In fact, I had no fog lights and the bar I picked up did, and when I plugged the lights in (same plug) I had working fig lights so I was happy with my cheap bar upgrade.

so you can swap to 2011 lights without changing the grill and frontbar?

cheers

The lights referred to by mazman76 are those of the pre-facelift Hilux - 2005-2011. There was no change in shape of the headlight from 2009-2011 - it is clear in colour, as opposed to having the orange/amber over the indicator.

If you are referring to the lights that fit the post-facelift Hilux 2011-2015, the Front Guards (Quarter Panels), bonnet and the grill need to be changed to accommodate the different shape of the headlight.

Apologies for the late reply - I hope you found your answer before I came along ;)

PS: I still have plans to do this update to the front-end. I have seen many Hilux for sale that has undergone the procedure but I have yet to garner the confidence to follow through with the OPERATION. My only concern is the front radiator support.

There are two different models:

2005-2011
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TO-SUIT-TOYO ... 1438.l2649

2011-2015
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TO-SUIT-TOYO ... 1438.l2649

I think I MAY have to check it out on a friends POST-facelift Hilux before following through. However, I notice the mounting holes still line up - so maybe this factor is irrelevant :shock:
llough10

Postby Redunt1989 on Sat, 16 Sep 2017 4:12 +0000

Slight modification to guard stay brackets is required to fit facelift guards.
I have just finished this today, will post photos shortly
The original guard stay brackets are spot welded to the radiator support, and need to be drilled off, reshaped, and welded back on about an inch higher. It took me about and hour to do both sides. There may be other differances between the radiator supports, as i dont have access to the newer type at the moment, but this is the only thing that stops this from being a bolt on swap.
The bonnet bolts straight on, and headlights clear the guard stays after modification.
I have an ARB Sahara bullbar, and i ended up adjusting it right forward and right down, giving an extra 15-20 mm clearance to guards/headlights. Some triming will be required for the grill, and i need to get a facelift bumper to trim a proper infill panel to suit. I used one from a toyota bullbar and im not completely happy with it.
Redunt1989

Postby llough10 on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 3:34 +0000

Redunt1989 wrote:Slight modification to guard stay brackets is required to fit facelift guards.
I have just finished this today, will post photos shortly
The original guard stay brackets are spot welded to the radiator support, and need to be drilled off, reshaped, and welded back on about an inch higher. It took me about and hour to do both sides. There may be other differances between the radiator supports, as i dont have access to the newer type at the moment, but this is the only thing that stops this from being a bolt on swap.
The bonnet bolts straight on, and headlights clear the guard stays after modification.
I have an ARB Sahara bullbar, and i ended up adjusting it right forward and right down, giving an extra 15-20 mm clearance to guards/headlights. Some triming will be required for the grill, and i need to get a facelift bumper to trim a proper infill panel to suit. I used one from a toyota bullbar and im not completely happy with it.

Interesting and insightful photos :) I am certainly grateful for your input on the operation - I have purchased the parts fairly cheaply through the wreckers (minus the bonnet, which I am still looking for in the Tweed Heads region).

I hope to undertake the same steps shortly - glad you mentioned the bracket supports :shock:
llough10

Postby llough10 on Mon, 22 Jan 2018 1:59 +0000

ALL DONE!

No real issues - effectively a straight swap.

My quarter panel came with a FREE snorkel (from the wreck) so I connected that at the same time.

Time to start hunting some flares to suit :shock:
llough10

Postby Moeyissa on Sun, 13 May 2018 7:25 +0000

Bolts straight up just done mine the only thing i changed off the radiator support was the bonnet lock as the grille sits out further
Moeyissa

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods