Advice on Canopy Colour Coding / Painting

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Advice on Canopy Colour Coding / Painting

Postby territorian on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 6:39 +0000

I've got a Bishop Blue Colour Code 8P1 Sr5 Hilux twincab. ARB Bullbar is allready colour coded.

I'm putting on a used ARB Low Roof Canopy and ARB RoofRack on the Canopy.

Does anyone know of or have any advice on if I should completely remove all the windows & frame from the Canopy to paint it (2pac)? How do ARB Do theirs (ie mask up the windows and bottom frame & paint, or do the canopy shell without the windows?). Or even if I should just remove the rubber strip and paint the bottom frame rail of the canopy itself?

Also I am considering getting the ARB Rack also painted at the same time, has anyone seen this done? How did it look compared to the black/grey of the factory ARB Finish? My rack is OK, but could do with a bit of a touch up and getting it colour coded is going to be cheaper/easier.

What do you think?
territorian

Re: Advice on Canopy Colour Coding / Painting

Postby BestHilux on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 8:11 +0000

I just had my new canopy painted and they took the windows out before painting. I will pick up the lux later today and will ask if they removed the frame as well or just taped it up. On the roof rack, I personally like a little contrast but it is really a matter of taste. I would imagine, though, that the the black would wear better if you plan on loading the rack with a bunch of gear.

Brian
BestHilux

Re: Advice on Canopy Colour Coding / Painting

Postby kyle300exc on Wed, 14 Dec 2011 6:08 +0000

Terri, I painted my canopy and removed all the windows and surrounds although I just taped off the bottom frame just gives a better finish seems you going to all the trouble IMO. With the rack I agree with Brian to much of 1 colour can look a bit over the top. Being the rack is a dark colour it doesnt detract from your vehicle but if you paint it the same it will stand out a lot IMHO.
Good luck with it, put some pics in your shed see we can have a geek ;)
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Return to Exterior Mods