ARB classic raised canopy rear window replacement

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

ARB classic raised canopy rear window replacement

Postby Luka1988 on Thu, 13 May 2021 1:06 +0000

Hello friends, you are the only active forum as far as i can search on google and i need your help. First of all my name is Luka and i am located in Croatia and its really hard to search for parts here. We managed to shatter rear window while trying to replace the locks on the glass as they coroded over the years. We only have one retailer of arb here and they want basically one third of the price we paid for the entire thing just for the rear glass and the expected delivery is minimum 4 weeks.Is there any kind soul here to point me to a retailer in europe from which i can order the glass for cheaper. Is it really that expensive to order it from arb and does it come with all parts needed to install it?(hydraulic cylinders for opening, rubber around and under, brake light and mounting kit)
https://ibb.co/RQVMxMnincluded the image of the unfortunate thing. Thanks for any help. Also is it possible to find out dimensions of the glass as i know a glass maker that would make it as long as i bring him the blueprint. I was thinking of outlining it on cardboard but it is very low chance that glass would actually fit as i have all parts that held the glass, just that glass is gone. Thanks again for any helpful insight.
Cheers
Luka1988

Re: ARB classic raised canopy rear window replacement

Postby TOYZX on Thu, 13 May 2021 5:20 +0000

Yes they are very expensive, they use a special toughened glass that is also flexible enough to bend to the shap of the tailgate when closed. In the box you get the glass, the frame that bolts into the canopy shell, a seal for the frame, screws and a new double-sided tape seal for the brake light. Struts, locks and brake light are all extra I'm afraid. They can be very tricky to fit, if you don't know what you are doing you'll have the new one explode in your face.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 13 May 2021 9:23 +0000

You speak of a local glazier who can make the glass for you. Have him fit it as well and if it explodes then it's at HIS cost.
Rob_Wood

Postby Myralga on Fri, 14 May 2021 7:11 +0000

Possibly worth jumping on ARB’s international website you can find dealers all across Europe. Maybe one will be a little be more helpful.
As for part it is not ideal for you but I have seen many people use Perspex rather then glass as an alternative.
But yes it’s a very expensive item as stated above hope you find a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Postby hiluxxury on Fri, 14 May 2021 10:33 +0000

I fitted mine myself a few years ago after backing into a tree. TOYZX is correct to say it can be tricky but with a bit of pre-thinking about how it goes together, it isnt really that bad.

Cost my about $400 with all of the locks etc a few years ago from my local ARB dealer, who I cant stand to deal with.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 14 May 2021 11:57 +0000

Myralga wrote:As for part it is not ideal for you but I have seen many people use Perspex rather then glass as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually used Poly-Carb (Lexan) it's much more durable than plain Perspex
AND it only cost me about $60
Rob_Wood

Return to Exterior Mods