1kz-te cold temp rattle

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

1kz-te cold temp rattle

Postby lappsi on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 2:29 +0000

Gday,
Over the last few weeks a cold temp rattle on start up has started. At first was very minor and could barely hear it. Now its very loud and sounds like a bunch of nuts getting thrown around inside somewhere. Once the car reaches running temp the noise stops. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and could point me in a direction? I have not been able to figure out what the cause is.

Cheers
lappsi

Re: 1kz-te cold temp rattle

Postby kAm on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 8:53 +0000

try a genuine toyota filter. for some odd reason my car had that as well using a ryco filter or any other aftermarket filter. thought it may have been a blocked oil pickup but everything seemed good.

did it sound as if there was no lubrication at all? my only guess was that the filters drain overnight causing dry start ups.
kAm

Re: 1kz-te cold temp rattle

Postby 2000SR5 on Sun, 25 May 2014 6:50 +0000

lappsi wrote:Gday,
Over the last few weeks a cold temp rattle on start up has started. At first was very minor and could barely hear it. Now its very loud and sounds like a bunch of nuts getting thrown around inside somewhere. Once the car reaches running temp the noise stops. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and could point me in a direction? I have not been able to figure out what the cause is.

Cheers

My lux gas the same rattle. I run genuine toyota filters. Any solutions?
2000SR5

Return to Engines