mechanic times

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

mechanic times

Postby 241steve on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 4:39 +0000

I'm only an electrician as my real trade I have a bit of work on since I've moved house, my friend sold up and left I don't really have a good workshop to fix the lux is the excuse for Id better stick to what I'm good at you know standing there, looking ugly and the thing gives me the shits working on it, along with I've never changed a timing chain on a 1gr-fe I'm likely to f$@#&% it up.
Question How long will a workshop take to change the chains on a 1gr-fe? It has a miss match error I took the cover plate off the tensioner the tensioner is all the way out.
It also is close to wanting a new clutch. How much labour would I expect for a clutch replacement?
I'd also like the sump removed and the oil pick up checked or cleaned.
if I got the timing chain done one day and the clutch the next week when would the sump be easiest to take off or get the lot done in one hit.
it howls in 3rd Ill live with it until it gets alot worse. I haven't even started with wheels and lift yet the one thing I had planned to do to it. The plan is to find a mechanic that will work it get the above jobs done then wheels and lift the next week. Would I be safe in thinking one day to change clutch and one day to do timing chain or isn't that enough?
241steve

Return to Engines