Business plug

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Business plug

Postby martynvella on Sat, 16 Oct 2021 8:50 +0000

I am not self promoting here but just giving a big thank you to a business that has good operating principals.

Recently when towing my camper i noticed a worse than usual diesel knock under light acceleration, just one injector as aposed to the 2000 rpm rattle where all 4 get involved.

I thought a bad batch of fuel so refuled after packing the camper away and all was back to normal.
Last week I took the camper out again and the problem come back but this time much more pronounced but still just one injector.

I got in touch with Brendon at Diesel Power Systems in Kunda park who replaced my injectors about 80k ago and he agreed it would be worth a look at the correction values.

Took it down yesty and he found the figures all to be very close and well within specs so ran a pilot learn on it, suspecting it may have had a bit of shit in the fuel causing the pilot injection to reset on one injector so re done them.

Wont know if it has done the trick till I hook the camper up again but this was done free of charge.

Great back up service from a very professionally run business on the Sunshine coast.
martynvella

Return to Engines