Engine light P0400 EGR

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Engine light P0400 EGR

Postby AdamHC on Sun, 10 May 2015 1:47 +0000

Hey guys,

I've been having some issues with my Hilux check engine light coming on. Usually at low speed, only happens every couple of months. Through Techstream I found the fault code to be P0400 EGR Flow. Nearly a year ago it started and I took it into toyota and they cleaned the EGR at a cost of $550, but the light was back only a couple months later.

Anybody had similar issues? Is there a sensor I can check?

On a side note I think that power is pretty low, however Toyota insist that it seems normal.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3KKpbECipOHNzVCd0REWm1DZjg&usp=sharing
AdamHC

Re: Engine light P0400 EGR

Postby BDG on Thu, 14 May 2015 6:31 +0000

Adam;

Whats your email address mate? I'll send you some paperwork.

The code trip logic is:
Target and Actual EGR position is more than 25% apart for a Constant 69 seconds or more.

Anyone who has seen how an egr operates knows that to get the thing to stay open that long at all is pretty special, so that would be my guess as to why its so intermittent.

matt
BDG

Re: Engine light P0400 EGR

Postby Harbo on Sun, 20 Jan 2019 5:31 +0000

BDG wrote:Adam;

Whats your email address mate? I'll send you some paperwork.

The code trip logic is:
Target and Actual EGR position is more than 25% apart for a Constant 69 seconds or more.

Anyone who has seen how an egr operates knows that to get the thing to stay open that long at all is pretty special, so that would be my guess as to why its so intermittent.

matt
BDG I have had a similar problem and have had it cleaned out twice and a new egr valve put in it and it still seams to come on every now and than
Harbo

Return to Engines