Techstream live data analysis

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: Techstream live data analysis

Postby boxhead55 on Sat, 14 Dec 2013 9:57 +0000

That is good data all good readings. If it is an auto that is where it is the loudest.
If you think that is loud take a Nissan auto for a drive. You would be shocked.
boxhead55

Postby quinny525 on Sun, 15 Dec 2013 6:13 +0000

No, it's a manual and a young girl that visits next door has the same model and I asked her does she have any noise in the car just to see, First thing said was "yes engine sounds like its going to rattle apart around the 2000rpm mark" , then i told her I have the same thing happening in mine. made her feel better as she is not the only one getting it.
Pity toyota tech cannot hear the really loud rattle that use to come and go but now more comes.
quinny525

Postby boxhead55 on Sun, 15 Dec 2013 6:59 +0000

They are noisy sorry it is a diesel after all
I own 2 and a prado diesel. 1900 to 2300 they all have diesel knock.
boxhead55

Postby boxhead55 on Sun, 15 Dec 2013 7:01 +0000

One thing I have noticed different fuel companies diesel have different qualities as the knock is sometimes louder sometime softer.
boxhead55

Postby quinny525 on Mon, 16 Dec 2013 4:58 +0000

Cheers Boxhead, but the thing I can't get past is that it's not always there. I can drive home from work today and it will sound great, just normal diesel engine noise. Then next day it can be making this hell noise.
Are you telling me this is what happens to yours, one minute sweet next rattling or are you saying yours is always there??
If mine was always there I would not be posting trying to get info to help me.
Also in that Data I posted I only just noticed it has "2010 Model", could that just be the software as I only brought new in march 2013?
Cheers
quinny525

Postby boxhead55 on Mon, 16 Dec 2013 5:24 +0000

Yea I used to. Now I run 200:1 two stroke oil every tank. Sounds a lot better now no matter the fuel quality.

Makes a huge difference. Well I think so.
375ml to a standard tank. There is a hole thread on here about it. Just use the search button.
boxhead55

Postby Dickman10 on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 6:08 +0000

Injector feedback Values should be taken at operating temp, at idle, with no load!

above +/- 3 represents an issue

+/-5 Is a dead cylinder misfire!
Dickman10

Postby ira11y on Sat, 04 Jan 2014 5:26 +0000

Great info Luxi46, thanks for the effort.

I got the Techstream just before Xmas and have only had a chance to quickly get it up and running. The software is definately corrupt with a Malware called W32.Sality (either on the disk or downloaded off their site), took my virus software two days to strip it out of every .exe file on my laptop on a boot time scan. May take more than 3 days to rip it out of the server next week :( (it got in past the DMZ because the laptop has an auto save to the server for some specific files each night that will not happen again!)

Its actually a really old virus but was updated and re released around early November 2013, I tried to strip it out of the software so I could give a link to a clean file here but haven't been able to completely strip it out using the normal methods yet.

Anyway looking forward to having a play and getting some good diagnostics on the sensors.
Last edited by ira11y on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 6:11 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Michael

Without quantifiable facts there are merely opinions, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one
ira11y

Postby Luxi46 on Sat, 04 Jan 2014 7:03 +0000

ira11y wrote:Great info Luxi46, thanks for the effort.

I got the Techstream just before Xmas and have only had a chance to quickly get it up and running. The software is defiantly corrupt with a Malware called W32.Sality (either on the disk or downloaded off their site), took my virus software two days to strip it out of every .exe file on my laptop on a boot time scan. May take more than 3 days to rip it out of the server next week :( (it got in past the DMZ because the laptop has an auto save to the server for some specific files each night that will not happen again!)

Its actually a really old virus but was updated and re released around early November 2013, I tried to strip it out of the software so I could give a link to a clean file here but haven't been able to completely strip it out using the normal methods yet.

Anyway looking forward to having a play and getting some good diagnostics on the sensors.

This sucks, but I'm afraid with the increasing popularity of Techstream this nonsense with malware will be a regular occurance. I'm looking into setting up a depository for use by members on here with clean installers and everything that's needed. I don't know how practical that will be as such a depository will have to be maintained somehow, and I will also have to have a talk with admins if this is allowed. Stay tuned...
Cheers,
Marvin
Luxi46
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StevenS on Sat, 04 Jan 2014 8:00 +0000

Luxi46 wrote:
ira11y wrote:Great info Luxi46, thanks for the effort.

I got the Techstream just before Xmas and have only had a chance to quickly get it up and running. The software is defiantly corrupt with a Malware called W32.Sality (either on the disk or downloaded off their site), took my virus software two days to strip it out of every .exe file on my laptop on a boot time scan. May take more than 3 days to rip it out of the server next week :( (it got in past the DMZ because the laptop has an auto save to the server for some specific files each night that will not happen again!)

This sucks, but I'm afraid with the increasing popularity of Techstream this nonsense with malware will be a regular occurance. I'm looking into setting up a depository for use by members on here with clean installers and everything that's needed. I don't know how practical that will be as such a depository will have to be maintained somehow, and I will also have to have a talk with admins if this is allowed. Stay tuned...

Don't like your chances mate, as supplying links to pirated material could land the forum in trouble.

When I set up Techstream, I did so on an old Laptop I had lying around with virtually nothing on it. The Malware can go nuts on it for all I care, it's used solely for techstream.
StevenS

Postby Luxi46 on Sat, 04 Jan 2014 8:36 +0000

StevenS wrote:Don't like your chances mate, as supplying links to pirated material could land the forum in trouble.

When I set up Techstream, I did so on an old Laptop I had lying around with virtually nothing on it. The Malware can go nuts on it for all I care, it's used solely for techstream.

I just had a read through the house rules again, and yes, no linking allowed to pirated software. Don't want any hassle for this forum from the men in suits, so I won't be bothering the admins with this after all. Thanks for reminding me Steven, I tend to get a bit carried away sometimes ;). Agreed, laptop that's not used for crucial stuff works best.
Cheers,
Marvin
Luxi46
Platinum Subscriber

Postby quinny525 on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 6:48 +0000

If you just copy the files from the disk that came with the mini vci to a folder on HDD then run a good virus scanner (Nod32) it will get rid of this virus straight away and you can burn it onto a new disk or just install from the cleaned folder.
It is a hassle to clean this one off computer once you have tried to install from the disk. If you are going to remove it without format and reinstall there is a lot of steps to follow which are listed on Nod32 website and others.
Good luck
quinny525

Postby ira11y on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 2:48 +0000

quinny525 wrote:If you just copy the files from the disk that came with the mini vci to a folder on HDD then run a good virus scanner (Nod32) it will get rid of this virus straight away and you can burn it onto a new disk or just install from the cleaned folder.
It is a hassle to clean this one off computer once you have tried to install from the disk. If you are going to remove it without format and reinstall there is a lot of steps to follow which are listed on Nod32 website and others.
Good luck

quinny I did exactly that, the new version of the software must hide it very well because Avast Premier corp edition didn't even pick it up, its the first Malware that's beaten my system in 5 years.

Maybe the older version can be stripped out. When they sent the kit out in Dec the disc they supplied held no data, they supplied a link to download from after I queried them. Its not the first time they have sent out blank disc's from what I have been told.

Avast will clean the drive sufficiently without using Malbites etc if you do a boot time scan, the problem is it may take a very long time, days in my case as i run a large number of executable software for working in the field. 32.Sality attaches itself to any .exe type file and thats what makes it so scary. You can actually look in a program folder when the software is running and watch it make dump files every few seconds which also diminishes the drive capacity over time.
Cheers
Michael

Without quantifiable facts there are merely opinions, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one
ira11y

Postby quinny525 on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 5:40 +0000

only got mine in Dec also, which should be the same version. anyways mate sound like you know what your doing there.
cheers
quinny525

Postby Talktheroo on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 6:57 +0000

Dickman10 wrote:Injector feedback Values should be taken at operating temp, at idle, with no load!

above +/- 3 represents an issue

+/-5 Is a dead cylinder misfire!

No, the feedback values should be diagnosed from a coolant temperature between 30 to 40 degrees C.
You are right about the load, no air conditioning on. Nothing turned on.
Cold start right up to normal operating temperatures of 80 degrees C plus.
Allow half an hour or so.
I have tested the 1KD-FTVs this way since 2007.
3.0mm3 to -3.0mm3 is the range for the feedback values. Anything outside of this, then you must replace the injectors, as a set of four.
Other things to consider.
Injection volume : 5.0 to 12.0mm3.
If the fuel injection volume deviates from the above readings, there is a deposit/carbon problem. This condition is nearly as bad as the feedback values being out of range. Please take note of this important fact.
MAP : 95 to 105 kPa, idling.
MAF : 5 to 12 g/sec at idle.
Fuel pressure : 30 to 40 MPa.
EGR position : 0 to 65%, engine warmed up at idle.
Inspect suction control valve on the supply pump for damage especially if there is a rough idle problem.
Engine speed at idle : 700 to 800rpm.
Active tests.
Check for fuel leaks as an active test. Physically test for fuel leaks after the test has been performed.
Check the DLC for fault codes.
The Roo.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby swhilux on Sun, 05 Jan 2014 8:14 +0000

Hi
I've tried a few links for this Techstream and cable but can't find anywhere I can get it from. Does anyone have a recent link. I'd love to be able to monitor my engine and do my own injector compensation checks
swhilux

Postby Talktheroo on Mon, 06 Jan 2014 7:31 +0000

Here is one link :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Newest-V7- ... 1205385261
There are heaps of them.
The Roo.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby CostaRicanHilux on Thu, 13 Feb 2014 8:53 +0000

what year did the hilux get the pilot learning feature ? was that with the euro 4 rollout ?
CostaRicanHilux

Postby BIGFOOTJR on Thu, 13 Feb 2014 9:02 +0000

Anyone been able to run the software on an android device?
BIGFOOTJR

Postby Luxi46 on Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:38 +0000

CostaRicanHilux wrote:what year did the hilux get the pilot learning feature ? was that with the euro 4 rollout ?

No, Euro 4 rollout was towards the end of 2006. Pilot learn was introduced somewhere august 2009 I believe.

BIGFOOTJR wrote:Anyone been able to run the software on an android device?

Hey Bigfoot, no such luck, Techstream is windows only for now, and I think it's gonna stay that way for a long time to come. Broad OS support is not one of their priorities. You might be interested in the Torque app or OBDLink packages for android, if you haven't heard of them already.
Cheers,
Marvin
Luxi46
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Engines