2kd-ftv VNT

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

2kd-ftv VNT

Postby TheGreenThing on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:13 +0000

A friend of mine told me to increase the boost of VNT, one must fool the map sensor so it wouldnt reach the desired pressure to open the wastegate(electronically actuated)
One must bleed the pressure in the boost line MAP sensor

Recently i bought a turbosmart boost tee controller and heres what ive made
Im not sure if this will work pls suggest/comment on my idea

The boost controller has a spring ball inside thus will maintain "vacuum" during idle/low rpm.. When boost, pressure will build up the line causing the spring ball to lift and bleed the pressure in the "bleed holes" of the boost controller.. The other fitting must be blocked

Comments and suggestions are welcome
Last edited by TheGreenThing on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:28 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreenThing

Re: 2kd-ftv VNT

Postby TheGreenThing on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:17 +0000

Other fitting is blocked because leaving it opened the user cant regulate the bleed.. The dial in the boost controller will be use to regulate the bleeding.
TheGreenThing

Postby TheGreenThing on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 7:08 +0000

Anyone?
TheGreenThing

Postby fraz91 on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 8:16 +0000

You have to be very careful when doing this, as the bleed may cause an overboost issue where the MAP sensor doesn't actually get enough pressure to engage the wastegate mechanism.

Besides, more boost is useless without more fuel in a diesel, so unless you're pushing more fuel through the injectors then what you're doing isn't really going to make a difference.
fraz91

Postby TheGreenThing on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:14 +0000

Thanks for replying.. ill note that sir.. And i wont increase my boost yet im still waiting for my boost gauge.. Thank you
TheGreenThing

Postby fgk228 on Thu, 07 Mar 2013 5:18 +0000

This is not how the boost controller should be set up.

The small hole you are using to control the pressure is pin and for this set up to work it has to dump huge amounts of boost and air flow to regulate the air pressure at the sensor.

I would not use this method as you will lose the boost cut feature of the ecu and if you have a problem with the turbo you may over boost your engine and you will not have the extra fuel required to see large gains but I see your theory.

The boost T is used so the outlet will read the desired boost pressure. (is that a fuel filter on there. if so not required and will cause boost gremlins)

You will need to attach the inlet to the boost source (facing the turbo) then attach the outlet to the sensor or next item on this line.

To put this in cut the vacuum line, put the boots T in with the inlet on the turbo side. You will need a boost gauge on the sensor line post boost T and boost gauge on the air manifold.

It will be very hard to set this install up and get reliable boost figures. The turbo is dynamic which means it re-adjust the sizes of the turbo. The fuel delivery will not increase which mean you will run lean and not get alot of gain. You will also lose any safety feature of the turbo system.

if you had a normal turbo then it would work, but you have lots of sensor etc to improve things.

If you want more power look at a chip. It will increase boost,fuel timing etc and work all together. Chip it have some nice chips or search the forum.

In short, the boost tee is not meant for a boost sensor.
fgk228

Return to Engines