D4D Three inch exhaust

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

D4D Three inch exhaust

Postby redwind on Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:34 +0000

Hello all , Ive had my 07 twin cab for a couple of months now and im here to say imvery happy with it . Alot more comfortable to drive then my 75 series Land Cruiser :D
Since ive had the new to me ute ive done most of the extras i set out to do. Stereo, uhf, chip ,exhaust, wheels, heavy duty carryracks, spot lights, new clutch because i do alot of towing and the list goes on and the funds have run out.
When i got the exhaust fitted which is a custom made job with a good straight through muffler and cat i was happy with the difference this made , but now that i have been driving it for a bit im wondering if something not quite right ??
The new very well made 3" exhaust goes right up to within three to four inches of the flat plate that bolts to the turbo ???
is this to close ? Should there be more of the 2.5" exhaust from the turbo say eight inches then go to three ?
Has anyone on here been lucky enough to be able to make this change them selves to see if there is a difference ??
The reason i ask is it seems like the turbo is running out of breath before the engine gets up to revs . Im thinkin that maybe a bit longer on the 2.5" EXHAUST would allow more pressure build for the turbo so the engine revs and the turbo boost are working togeather , where mine seems to exspell the turbo boost quik. Im sure someone on here has played around with this.
I have never gone to bed with an UGLY woman but ive woke up next to a few !
redwind

Re: D4D Three inch exhaust

Postby samd on Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:54 +0000

Hi there quick question what chip brand did you go for im looking to putting one on my hilux
and im confused of what to get as so many people told me it will do damage in the long run?
thanks
Salv
SAMBAR1
samd

Postby ballyme on Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:17 +0000

you can easily run 3" from the turbo back not a worry at all. there is no problem what so ever with doing this.
ballyme

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:23 +0000

I run a sterling 3" exhaust on mine and it bolts directly onto the bottom of the turbo and is 3" to there..

no problem at all..

http://sterling4x4.com.au/PRODUCT_PAGES/HS8003.php

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby redwind on Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:48 +0000

Hi samd, i bought the DP chip for two reasons their been around for a long time and have proved to be good, secondly i have a dealer/installer around the corner so if i have any dramas its not a drama. I could have got a chip from Sydney but if i have any trouble then its time consuming and costly trying to get things fixed in another town which out weighs the couple of hundred you tryied to save in the first place.
I have never gone to bed with an UGLY woman but ive woke up next to a few !
redwind

Return to Engines