New Injectors + Cal Code

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

New Injectors + Cal Code

Postby Roy on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:35 +0000

Hi All,

I am about to replace the injectors in my 06 Hilux, and was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere on the northside of Brissy, other than Toyota, that can download the new injector calibration codes to the ECU?

Thanks

Roy
Roy

Re: New Injectors + Cal Code

Postby bloke&tackle on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:43 +0000

I'm just about to do the same thing, and am loathe to give money to my Toyota dealer.
I think some aftermarket scanners can do it.
Regards Chris.

I started life with nothing, and I've still got most of it left
bloke&tackle

Postby HINAY on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:59 +0000

the latest snap on tester can do it but if you take it to a dealer they shouldnt charge more the 1hour labour ($130) other wise they are ripping you off.
Make sure you take down the codes on the top of the injectors correctly (and in order 1-4 front to back) or take a high resolution photo and make sure it is focused they is nothing more anoying then getting it all together and you have got the right code
once you put the new injector(s) in you can drive the vehicle but it will run like crap until the correct codes are put in
HINAY
HINAY

New Injectors + Cal Code

Postby bansheebuzz on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 8:29 +0000

I can do it for you but I'm on the gold coast
05 SR5 Xtra Cab D4D
Mudgeeraba Auto Electrical
bansheebuzz

Postby Roy on Fri, 29 Jul 2011 6:07 +0000

Hey Banshee,
I might keep you in mind if that's ok. I won't being doing the change for about a month anyway due to work commitments.
But that might be a pretty good option.

thanks
Roy
Roy

Postby bloke&tackle on Thu, 04 Aug 2011 9:17 +0000

Here's a bit more info on this that some may find relevant.
I've been talking to a tech dude at Denso Australia, who told me that there are some cheap injectors getting around, being sold as genuine....beware they are crap, made in China or god knows where. They receive a lot of complaints about them from unhappy users.I'm going to get mine from an authorised Denso agent, although there are cheaper ones available and I've even spoken to the sellers who assure me their injectors are genuine.

Denso also informed me that if your Hilux was an earlier build with injectors that supersede to part number 23670-39316 then you MUST first have the ECU reflash (for cold rattless) performed before fitting these injectors. If your Hilux came out fitted with these injectors then you can just go ahead and fit them.

Also just had the ECU reflash successfully installed to my Hilux, after an earlier unsuccessful attempt by another dealer a few months ago. I suspect the reason the first attempt failed was because I had the plug disconnected from the ignition barrel to stop the annoying "key in ignition" warning chime.

One more point worth noting is that the ECU reflash is supposed to "decarbonise" the combustion chambers over a period of time to stop the cold rattle, so for those who expect it to instantly cure the cold rattle, it probably won't.
Regards Chris.

I started life with nothing, and I've still got most of it left
bloke&tackle

Return to Engines