D4D Using Oil

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

D4D Using Oil

Postby Goldminer on Tue, 19 Jul 2011 9:06 +0000

Before my 110k service noticed that the oil on the dipstick was a little lower than usual. I change the oil every 5k and service at the dealer every 10k. So I thought I had merely not put enough oil in and had checked it on the slope of the driveway to explain the discrepency. I mentioned this to the dealer along with the oil in the intercooler from when I checked the egr valve. Feedback from dealer...not much. "A small amount of oil in the intercooler is perfectly normal" as the service manager put it. Okay fair enough, fast forward to next service. This time a considerable amount of oil has been used approx 0.8l in 4500kms since my last oil change. Told the service manager at time of book in and since was the 120k service, they said they would run a full diagnostic and get back to me. To cut a long story short, the only place the oil can be coming from is the turbo. ( to get into the intercooler) I have to bring the ute back to them to get the turbo checked and the only place to check the turbo is Turbomasters and they need the turbo for 2-3 days.
Has anybody else had the same problem or noticed similar signs?
Cheers
Wes
Goldminer

Re: D4D Using Oil

Postby Wing on Tue, 19 Jul 2011 5:25 +0000

my turbo is leaking oil externally, not dripping, but wet around.

But my oil level is normal and never drop significantly
Wing

Return to Engines