intermittent shudder at idle - carton reward

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: intermittent shudder at idle - carton reward

Postby hippo on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 3:26 +0000

key snap in 2 places, balancer crack, nearly damaging the radiator. WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL :evil: :evil: :evil:. stupid mechanic didn't tighten the main bolt to the balancer to specific torque which slowly work it's ways lose. causing intermittent shake, like the car going to stall with erratic idle then back to normal.
hippo

Postby keleher on Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:20 +0000

Took off the fan and had a look. I couldn’t move the bolt with a 2ft bar so it’s on tight, didn’t have time to take off the radiator off and get a rattle gun on it but marked it to see if it moves. Seems to happen every time I drive now once the engine bay warms up after a run on the highway and at almost every stop. Engine sounds different also when on the highway after a while like its looking through a cycle. Any ideas on that?
keleher

Postby hippo on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 3:12 +0000

what do you mean cycle? could it be your fuel pump?
hippo

Postby keleher on Sat, 09 Jul 2016 8:05 +0000

I think it was just me looking for a noise but I think I found it. I got the mounts done about a month before this issue started, was chasing a small vibration but turned out to be idler tensioner. As these were new I though it couldn't be them and they looked like they did the day they went in. While under my car this week hunting for the problem again not sure how but I noticed the bolt in the mount seemed longer, had a feel and couldn't feel the pin. Contacted the mechanic and he wanted to charge me again (was about $400 labor last time) saying things break. Mounts aren't even 5 months old so I though stuff you and hired a crane. Took them out and sure enough

I'm guessing the sexy fingers mechanic dropped the engine on the pin and crushed it in letting the engine shake about slowly ripping out the bolt. Add this to the stuff ups from "professionals" such as forgetting to put on nuts on front struts or do up half the bolts and completely lying on wheel alignment sheet making up a fake one, whats the point in paying them a crap load of cash. Not saying they are all like that but haven't had a good run. Anyway car runs smooth as now touch wood and thanks everyone for the input.
keleher

Postby hippo on Sun, 10 Jul 2016 7:05 +0000

good stuff :D :D :D
hippo

Postby bloke&tackle on Sun, 10 Jul 2016 6:30 +0000

Good work mate. Shout yourself a carton. :lol:
Regards Chris.

I started life with nothing, and I've still got most of it left
bloke&tackle

Previous