FJ Cruiser/Prado

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

FJ Cruiser/Prado

Postby Prescott on Wed, 25 May 2011 5:42 +0000

Hi all.
I've searched for on here for what im loooking for but couldnt find anything.

I was reading a write up on the fj cruiser today in the news paper, and it said that the fj is sitting on a prado chassis and running gear. What i'm after is dose anyone know if this is true. If so dose that mean parts for a fj/prado would fit the front suspension for the hilux.

Any info or comments would be helpful.

Cheers
Josh
Prescott

Re: FJ Cruiser/Prado

Postby ultimate on Wed, 25 May 2011 6:34 +0000

Yes the FJ cruiser uses the same chassis and suspension as the Prado but the components are not a straight bolt up to the Hilux. The strut lengths are completely different. That's why our latest generation of Hilux struts has the potential for a lowered coil seat. This allows us to use the same shock body for the 120 and 150 series Prados, The FJ Cruiser, Hilux, Fortuner and 4Runner. We just change the shock lengths and valving to suit the different vehicles. The picture below is one of our Hilux struts with a standard height spring seat. As you can see, we have a fair amount of flexibility to suit different applications.

If you are looking more towards drop kits and long travel options; these will not be a quick fit on the Hilux.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Prescott on Wed, 25 May 2011 7:17 +0000

Cheers i was thinking more on the lines of UCA since america make lots of aftermarket parts for the fj was thinking they might bolt up.
Prescott

Postby Hilux Max on Thu, 26 May 2011 7:15 +0000

Upper control arms are the same between FJ/Prado 120/Prado 150/Landcruiser 200 and Hilux.

Lower Control arms are slightly different and coil overs are slightly different between FJ Cruiser and Prado 120.

That being said it doesn't mean that part aren't interchangeable.

FJ suspension Kits WILL fit on a Hilux and Prado - suspension components only (i.e. upper arms/coilovers)

I have it on good authority that even lower aerms are interchangeable even if they are slightly different they still fit.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Drew on Fri, 27 May 2011 7:09 +0000

Yeh my total chaos upper arms anmd race runner coil overs are for a fj cruiser / tacoma. its the lower control arms that dont fit. :evil:
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby VMN on Sat, 28 May 2011 7:27 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:Upper control arms are the same between FJ/Prado 120/Prado 150/Landcruiser 200 and Hilux.

Lower Control arms are slightly different and coil overs are slightly different between FJ Cruiser and Prado 120.

That being said it doesn't mean that part aren't interchangeable.

FJ suspension Kits WILL fit on a Hilux and Prado - suspension components only (i.e. upper arms/coilovers)

I have it on good authority that even lower aerms are interchangeable even if they are slightly different they still fit.

Max, can you check the top ball joint part numbers? Last time I was talking to my associates in the US, they said the FJ top ball joint was bigger in the FJ Cruiser than the Hilux/Tacoma. this ain't a problem if you fit an aftermarket uniball style UCA. The report of the Total Chaos UCAs above fitting multiple vehicles will be correct but I can't see it will be right for the factory parts.

Rod
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby HiluxSamana on Tue, 27 May 2014 8:53 +0000

Strut spacers which are working for a tacoma, do they fit on a new hilux 2014?
HiluxSamana

Postby Hellbound on Mon, 02 Jun 2014 8:29 +0000

You can buy strut spacers specifically for the new model lux but why on earth would you consider a strut spacer atall given the problems the cause compared to proper raised coils / shocks
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Postby Yowie on Tue, 12 Jan 2021 5:04 +0000

Hey guys,

Resurrecting the post here but wondering if anyone knows if the prado 120/150 and/or FJ cruiser lower control arms will fit onto the KUN chassis? Reason I ask is chaos fab offer aftermarket LCA's to go with their UCA's for prado and FJ but not hilux due to them not having a hilux to measure against (spoke with them last month about factory length LCA's).

Any feedback and/or information is appreciated.
Yowie

Return to General Discussion