ARB...A re...R eally... B ackyarders

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Postby kazdan69 on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:40 +0000

Quite poor approach angles, and I have to buy a cradle to be able to install the winch. Was thinking about the ARB bar, but after seeing all this I think I might stick with what I've got!!
kazdan69

Postby Stu-k on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 5:44 +0000

I would look at TJM if I was to buy again the design is very similar and its cheaper.
Stu-k

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:07 +0000

I have just finished getting my lift kit installed at TJM in Darwin and they have all but fallen over me to help me out. A little customer service goes a long way these days and i think they have got it right here. I started with the 4 inch liftkit which has lead to new side steps, nudgebar, new DC1 rims mickey thompson tyres, Hella spotties etc etc etc. If the others took a leaf out of Darwins book they might actually sell or even upsell (oops do i sound like a salesman). Im looking forward to getting my pictures up instead of a blank spot but i wanted it to be right so thanks to these guys it should be up on the site sooner then later.
Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:09 +0000

I have just finished getting my lift kit installed at TJM in Darwin and they have all but fallen over me to help me out. A little customer service goes a long way these days and i think they have got it right here. I started with the 4 inch liftkit which has lead to new side steps, nudgebar, new DC1 rims mickey thompson tyres, Hella spotties etc etc etc. If the others took a leaf out of Darwins book they might actually sell or even upsell (oops do i sound like a salesman). Im looking forward to getting my pictures up instead of a blank spot but i wanted it to be right so thanks to these guys it should be up on the site sooner then later.
Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:09 +0000

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:10 +0000

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:11 +0000

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:14 +0000

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:32 +0000

oops sorry work computer hiccup
Lumpy

Postby jogal on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 8:18 +0000

Arb fitted the wrong bar to mine as well ! i only noticed caused i had paid for the deluxe winch bar and they fitted a standard bar they have also stuffed up on a few other things as well but i must say that pretty much everywhere i have left the car for mods have f****d up so i;m begining to believe that no body gives a shit.
jogal

Postby Doinit on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:22 +0000

Not good Stu-k! I'd be p*$$ed off too.
I agree with kazdan69, Hilux bars have a poor approach angle.
Don't like the TJM bars, nor the ECB bars or the Tuff Bars.
Gee, tomorrow I'll going to check my arb delux bar thoroughly for rust in the welded areas! :-)
Cheers
Doinit
Doinit

Postby kazdan69 on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 3:31 +0000

Hi Stu-k,
I mentioned your plight to a ARB distributor today and they were quite amazed at what has transpired with ARB Coopers Plains, but didn't elaborate as to their thoughts on the subject. Might be a bit too close to home!!
kazdan69

Postby Stu-k on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 3:54 +0000

Hey Dan,
Funny thing was as the whole thing was going down the staff at arb thought it was normal!
Stu-k

Postby kazdan69 on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 4:06 +0000

I've always been a great believer in doing things properly and the right way the first time. It still has me floored that if they didn't have the bar originally to go on the same time as the suspension, why didn't they ring you and cancel the fitting until the bar arrived! I mean if you were going to pour a slab for a house and the steel hadn't arrived, you wouldn't just go ahead with the concrete pour, then put the steel in later! Would you!!?? And then when the steel arrived and it was the wrong size for the job, surely you wouldn't stick it in anyway, knowing full well you would only have to pull it out and put the right stuff in when the inspectors saw it.Especially if you tried to hit the client up for more dough to pay for the concrete!!!!!!!

I Still Can't Believe It!! Dealing with Westfield as I do, if I tried something like that, I wouldn't ever get any of their work again!! Sounds like very poor management and organisation!
kazdan69

Postby Stu-k on Fri, 03 Aug 2007 5:56 +0000

The bar never went on the first time due to it not being colour coded in time, they only had 4 weeks!
But I had already planned taking the day off to get it all fitted so since my day was stuffed already I got them to do the suspension.

When it went back in for bar fitting it took them around 4 hours to pull off the bumper and fit the wrong bar so at that point they decided it was easier to leave it as is to save them labour time.
They also didn`t fit the bash plates for the same reason, I didn`t think it was a big deal until I got home and looked under the front, with out them fitted I couldn`t use it off road.
So three week later they put on the bar with paint runs it doesn`t seem so bad.

Maybe thats their idea put on the real shit first then the crap you end up with seems pretty good

Stu-k

Postby camwill69 on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 5:52 +0000

Hi all,
Went to ABR today to buy a map book and told them about Stu-k's experience at Coopers Plains.

They confirmed that Coopers Plains ARB will not fix anything under warranty as it is all directed to head office at Nundah.

He could not confirm if any other stores would not cover warranty on ARB products but did confirm that they would no matter what ARB store installed the product.

Nice to know other store's are aware and not happy with this store's service or reputation.

Tomuch,
Nic from ARB darwin started the store on the coast were I get my work done. Very respected down here.

Regards,
Camwill69
camwill69

Postby TOMUCH on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 5:58 +0000

Cheers Camwill... Nic did all the fitting work on my car personally... and was the driving force to get my suspension sorted...

I can certainly appeciate that things break or can sometime be "not up to standard", its what happens when you take it back that will keep me going to a particular store...

I'll say gidday to him when I'm in there on Tuesday Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Postby Uteracer on Sun, 05 Aug 2007 6:55 +0000

MMM interesting. My recent experience with ARB and their authorised dealers has been nothing short of excellent. I ordered one of the new styled Hilux deluxe bar with integral fog lights and colour coded. The product is excellent and the service provided by my local fitter - Umhaurs of Geelong - has been excellent. They even pointed out to me that one of the fibreglass in-fill panels has a slight paint chip which I would never have picked. They've already ordered another one from ARB and will fit it when it arrives. The bar I got is excellent.
Uteracer

Postby kazdan69 on Tue, 07 Aug 2007 6:24 +0000

Hey Stu-k,
Have you spoken to anyone at the ARB head office at Nundah yet!!
kazdan69

Postby kazdan69 on Tue, 07 Aug 2007 6:24 +0000

Hey Stu-k,
Have you spoken to anyone at the ARB head office at Nundah yet!!
kazdan69

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion