LED BAR Lights

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: LED BAR Lights

Postby gjohnson on Fri, 08 Oct 2010 6:31 +0000

Too late for that mate, all ordered and paid for. Just trying to decide which set up to use?
If they dramatically improve over time then I will just upgrade.
gjohnson

Postby Argon on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:27 +0000

Halogens around 1200 lumens
HID's around 3500 lumens
This led bar 12000 lumens I guess that's why it's $4000.
Argon

Postby bms on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 9:19 +0000

Found these on ebay and look pretty good and at not to bad a price compared to what others are asking
for em ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
bms

Postby Tunnel Rat on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 4:18 +0000

gjohnson wrote:Hi Tunnel Rat,
How did you find the light bar mounted on the roof of the F250 in regards to reflection on the bonnet or mirrors? I have ordered a sahara bar to replace my toyota bar and have ordered a 20" led from snake, now I am just trying to decide whether to leave my lightforce 240 HID's on the new bullbar and mount the LED up on the roll bar or put the LED on the bullbar and the spotties up the top?
Open to any comments or opinions regarding the pros and cons for each set up?

Sorry about the late reply been very busy.
You are going to have the perfect light combo the LED light bar combined with a set of HID lights works so good. They both pick up on the others weak spots and give you the best of both worlds. The hid's give you back the distance lost by the led's and the led's give you instant light over the few seconds hid take to start up.
The reflection on the bonnet was pretty bad on the F250 but the Hilux has a more angled bonnet so it should not reflect as much as the Ford did. I think you will lose too much light from your LED light bar if you mount it on your sports bar as the roof of your cabin will catch the entire bottom light output.
I totally loved the 30" RI on top of the hoop on my sahara bar no reflection and it worked great if it was the 20" it would properly still be there as the 30" looked shit on the hoop to long.
Do not get to anal about mounting it at 1.5m from the ground. That is just a reference you will need to weight up the pros and cons as the reflection of mounting it on roof racks or the sports bar may outweigh the small loss of light mounting it lower.
I know I did not notice much difference in the light spread from around 1.2m (top of my hoop) and 2m on my brothers F250. But it was much more pleasing on the eyes mounted out front with no reflection on my Hilux than mounted up high with reflection on the F250.
The best thing for you to do is wait until you get it than try it out in different spots with some good zip ties before mounting it permanent.
Have fun hope snake is passing on the good $AU seeing he has not got them instock ;)
Tunnel Rat

Postby Jack S on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 4:57 +0000

Snake giving discounts :lol: :lol: :lol: dont make me laugh :D
Jack S

Postby gjohnson on Fri, 22 Oct 2010 5:35 +0000

Thanks Rat,
Yeah I was tossing up about mounting it to my front roof rack because like you say the sports bar sits too low behind the roof of the cab. I have had a few people now tell me the reflection can be annoying from having lights up high though. I will try it in both places and see which is best. The sahara bar is getting painted and should be ready early next week, the LED bar is in the post. I will put up some pics when its all fitted up.
Discount? Pfffft! I wish.
Cheers Greg.
gjohnson

Postby dirtyharry on Wed, 08 Dec 2010 8:25 +0000

Hi guys, I've been loooking at led bars for ages now and have the same questions and doubts as expressed by many here. The one's that seem to winning my vote are the US made VisionX led bars. They run a 10watt led where the others only run 3watt leds. This translates to a brighter and further reaching light with the same lifetime rating but a little increase in power consumption. Before you know it there'll be something even better than these so I might wait a little longer untill I can justify spending over a grand on one light.
dirtyharry

Postby mylesy on Mon, 22 Aug 2011 4:11 +0000

does anybody know if snake racing are the only guys in AUS that stock the rigid ind. E Series lights? and is their price of $790 for the 20" bar fair game?? or are there any newcomers in the game we should be looking for??

i already have a set of narva 175 blueys on the front, so ill either buy 2 more of the same and put 4 on the roof and a new light bar on the front or just squeeze 3 narva's in the front bar hoop and have one for a work light, just want to figure out some prices
mylesy

Postby Alby on Mon, 22 Aug 2011 4:45 +0000

Just thought i would post this response on Exploroz from Olcoolone, a former NewHilux member who many respected here for his electrical knowledge
AnswerID: 462662   Submitted: Monday, Aug 15, 2011 at 14:45
olcoolone replied:
Do you want the honest truth and no advertising hype?

We sell the VisionX range of LED products out of the USA and to be honest LED light bars are fantastic for wide angle close range stuff but for replacing driving lights no comparison.
When we take on new products we want them to do what they say will do and not sell them on the merit of how good something is in an advertisement.
We have been playing around with LED light bars for about 10 months now comparing different ones and looking at claims made.
On mob advertises heavily of how their LED light bars will out perform HID driving lights with the caption of something like" spending $1400 on a set of HID lights save money and buy a LED light bar".
For high speed driving HID's will kill light bars and for close range LED light bars are hard to beat.
What we have found is if you put to much light in a close range your eyes will start closing down and you will loose long range vision, much like looking into the sun.
And a LED light bar will only put out workable light within about 100m, so at 100 kph you will cover that distance in under 3 seconds meaning you will out drive your lights.
Bang for bucks forget light bars and get a good set of HID's
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Jack S on Mon, 22 Aug 2011 5:03 +0000

Look i have projector angel headlights with 35W low and 55W high, also a 20" rigid industries light bar hooked up to my high beams, so every time my high beams are on so is the light bar, but i have a switch wired up for the on/off option...

My mate with a 2010 D40 has standard headlights with 55W high/low, a 20" rigid industries light bar and 2 HID xgt's, all on his bullbar. He has the same wiring up with the switchs as i do...

For the good part of 6 months (since they have been fitted) my mate hasnt 'properly' used his xgt's for driving at all, the few times he has switched them on was being a pain in the ass and 'flashing' people. Where as his and my light bar are always in use and just compliment our HID head lights.

I dont have any use for spotties at the moment, if i was considering a trip up to the cape or something than they would be good for the long stretches of road when you want to see long distance. The light bar, as said in the above post dont go far at all, but just make the close up stuff so much clearer and brighter...

Anyway thats enough from me...
Jack S

Postby Noidea on Mon, 22 Aug 2011 8:11 +0000

mylesy wrote:does anybody know if snake racing are the only guys in AUS that stock the rigid ind. E Series lights? and is their price of $790 for the 20" bar fair game?? or are there any newcomers in the game we should be looking for??

i already have a set of narva 175 blueys on the front, so ill either buy 2 more of the same and put 4 on the roof and a new light bar on the front or just squeeze 3 narva's in the front bar hoop and have one for a work light, just want to figure out some prices

Mate forget snake. Ebay is your best friend!!!
Noidea

Postby Miller on Tue, 23 Aug 2011 6:10 +0000

Before you jump on eBay, check here:

http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/4WDACTION

I just ordered the 'BL-LB60S' which is a 32" one. How could you go past $550!
Miller

Postby mylesy on Tue, 23 Aug 2011 7:20 +0000

Noidea wrote:
Mate forget snake. Ebay is your best friend!!!

thats why i asked if anyone else imports them! hahaha

thanks for the responses guys i'll have a search around today ;)
mylesy

Postby mylesy on Tue, 23 Aug 2011 7:29 +0000

Miller wrote:Before you jump on eBay, check here:

http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/4WDACTION

I just ordered the 'BL-LB60S' which is a 32" one. How could you go past $550!

thinking of buying the 22" right now! mmmm what would the missus say? SHE's NOT HERE :twisted:
mylesy

Postby SNAFU on Fri, 24 May 2019 12:36 +0000

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission :twisted:
SNAFU

Previous

Return to General Discussion