Vortex Exhaust

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Vortex Exhaust

Postby TOMUCH on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 5:18 +0000

Hey guys, I posted earlier that I received my new exhaust system... here are some pics... Cheers TOMUCH

DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Vortex Exhaust

Postby Doinit on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 5:32 +0000

Hiya TOMUCH,

Aren't you in NT? Camping must be very interesting amongst the crocs with your new Tent! :) I'd be going a rooftop tent myself. :oops:

Have you noticed any change in the performance of your beast since you fitted the vortex exhaust?

Cheers
Doinit
Doinit

Vortex Exhaust

Postby TOMUCH on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 7:56 +0000

Yeah mate... I do live in the NT... but the locals up here seem to work on the fact that crocs only eat one person at a time... so chances are good it will be someone else 8-)
I do have a roof rack but I didn't want to have a tent that I would have to pack up every time I moved the car...The Cavalier Camper I had was good, but proved to be a bugger towing it around on sand... The old Lux just didn't have what it took to haul it around... This one certainly does..
Yes I have noticed a difference with the exhaust fitted... The car seems to be much smoother in acceleration... I havn't taken it out in the bush yet... but it does seem to fell better and I'm sure it won't dissapoint in the field... It also sounds much deeper and doesn't drone at highway speeds... fitted the system myself in under an hour...Cheers TOMUCH
TOMUCH

Vortex Exhaust

Postby jabren on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 9:03 +0000

Hey TOMUCH - how much for the exhaust? Does it come as a kit ready to fit? Thanks jabren
jabren

Vortex Exhaust

Postby kazdan69 on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 9:04 +0000

Hiya Tomuch,

I'm sure we'd all be very interested in seeing a dyno comparison. Do you have the urge??!!

Cheers

Dan
kazdan69

Vortex Exhaust

Postby TOMUCH on Thu, 19 Apr 2007 5:49 +0000

Jabren, The kit cost me $1350. and yes it came as a complete kit ready to fit... I would go and but 3 x genuine Toyota turbo to dump pipe nuts as they are a bugger to get off, and I would never put a nut back on that has been rounded...even if only slightly rounded... the next time you need to get it off....well I think you all know the out come....

Kazdan, Yeh I have the urge.. but I did not get a dyno done as stock... I have a few other mods fitted as well.. like the Dtronic... so If I do get the dyno figures, they will only represent my configuration... Does any one know if Dtronics are adjustable ( I know they are not adjustable by the user) Can they be remapped to suit the new exhaust?? Cheers TOMUCH
TOMUCH

Return to General Discussion