Long Range fuel tank and rust protection

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Postby NMK on Mon, 09 Apr 2007 9:21 +0000

Hi, I’m in the process of buying a new lux. Where did you get your long rage tanks and rust protection from. My dealer has told me not to buy toyota rust protection as it to expensive.

And are there any other extras to look at which the dealer might not mention?

Cheers Nathan
NMK

Postby Rich on Mon, 09 Apr 2007 9:57 +0000

When I got my rust protection done, it was done by Toyota, but it wasn't toyota rust proofing, it was a contractor they used called Waxguard. I think they are the same as Ming in QLD, as that is who my warranty is through up here. Just pick one that has a lifetime warranty, don't settle for those 5 or 10 year warranties, go somewhere else if that is all they offer.
Don't forget a long range Tank will bugger up your range and trip meter (if buying an SR5).
Rich.
Rich

Postby kazdan69 on Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:45 +0000

Hi Nathan,
I only got the electronic rust prevention done which like the Toyota factory rust prevention is all outsourced to local suppliers. The big thing is to put the bite on the dealer and also the dealers extras salesperson ( usually a very cute blonde) I ended up getting paint protection, under body deadener, electronic rust protection and tinted windows for $1100. So it pays to push and also to look and price around your local suppliers.
Cheers
Dan
kazdan69

Postby broke on Tue, 10 Apr 2007 1:38 +0000

NMK- Mate I got a self install couplertec rust kit from the 4wd show last weekend in Brissy for $350. They are normally about $550 or $750 fitted. These kits do work and are very simple to fit yourself...all instructions come with it.
Search "couplertec" on ebay and you'll see the kits there for sale as well.

Cheers, Broke
broke

Return to General Discussion