Paint Protection???

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Paint Protection???

Postby Glenn k on Mon, 02 Apr 2007 4:48 +0000

just wanted to get everyones thoughts on paint protection. Do you have it? How much do toyota charge? Is it nessesary?

due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off until further notice !
Glenn k

Paint Protection???

Postby TOMUCH on Mon, 02 Apr 2007 6:08 +0000

I did get it... however I would not do it again... it cost me nearly $1000 as a package deal for all the protections except electronic rust... I would shop around and see if there is an aftermarket product that would suffice if you have to have it... otherwise I would not bother.. If you have a car that will not see dirt tracks and tree branches rubbing along side the car then then maybe yes..... As for now, I cannot polish my car because it will ruin the paint protection.... I have to wash it only in Toyota car wash... The car never seems to be gleaming the way my other cars were.... when they were not covered in mud that is...LOL I have actually been thinking of having the car professionaly cut and polished so that I can look after the paint myself... I will say that the only reason I fell for the package was due the the severe problem we have up here with fruit bat droppings... it eats the paint and Toyota Paint Protection claim that their product will prevent this from happening... with a warranty that if it does happen they wil respray the effected area... Clause: Toyota will only repair this if I have used their car wash regularly and before any repairs are made the paint work will be inspected to determine if this has been the case... Otherwords, they claim they can tell if I don't use their product and will not repair paintwork should that be the case... Propaganda maybe.. but I still got suckered in... sorry to ramble on about this guys.... and Glenn K, If you wash clean and polish your car regularly you should not need paint protection. TOMUCH.
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Paint Protection???

Postby stressed_au on Thu, 05 Apr 2007 7:09 +0000

I bought paint protection once for a Nissan Pulsar turbo i once owned, worst car i have ever had, never touch nissan again another nissan as long as i breathe oxygen, anyway did what they said to do to look after it and still looked like crap, washed it in kero mixed with water and removed it, polished it and it looked like new again, in my opinion do not waste your cash on putting paint protection on your vehicles just makes more money for the dealer and you have a bad taste in your mouth becuase the car looks like nobody cares about it
stressed_au

Return to General Discussion