Break in period.

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Break in period.

Postby sliknik on Sat, 31 Mar 2007 5:09 +0000

Hi all, just registered for the forums, but I have been looking a while. Imported a new turbo diesel out of Thailand (1KD).

Unfortunately it came with the user manual in Thai and I can't tell the break in distance or the speed. I have been keeping it under 1500 RPM and under 80kmh because those were the instructions for my last Hilux (3L diesel) purchased in 2001.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has the 1KD engine and can tell me the break in directions.

It really is a lovely vehicle. We have extensive off-road possibilities here (Guyana) and I am looking forward to doing some exploring soon.

Thanks.
sliknik

Break in period.

Postby TOMUCH on Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:26 +0000

Mate I will quote from my Owners manual... I have the D4D 1KD-FTV
Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But following a few simple tips for the first 1000kms can add to the future economy and long life of your vehicle:
Avoid full throttle acceleration when starting and driving.

Avoid racing the engine.

Try to avoid hard stops during the first 300kms.

Do not drive slowly with the manual tansmission in a high gear.

Do not drive for a long time at any single speed, either fast or slow.
Do not tow a trailer during the first 800kms.

OK, there you have it... you should be able to get an English owners manual from your local dealer or by sending an Email to an Australian dealer... Failing that you could call Toyota Customer Relations on toll free 1800 252097(note: toll free in Australia), between 9am and 5pm EST Monday to Friday..

Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Break in period.

Postby sliknik on Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:41 +0000

I appreciate it, thanks a lot. This is a bit of a relief to know.

I am a bit embarrassed about approaching the local dealer as I imported mine from Thailand directly bypassing the local dealers (who are distantly related).

The local dealer does not offer the 1KD (I think they bring the 2KD) so they probably won't have the manual anyway.

I have already ordered it from the dealer in Thailand, but I expect that it will take a while to get here.

Thanks again.
sliknik

Return to General Discussion