Chips?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Chips?

Postby borgy on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 2:42 +0000

Hi all

Sorry for what might sound like a silly question, but - What is "chipping" your hilix about?

How does it work? what does it do? etc..

Thanks!
borgy

Chips?

Postby Davo on Thu, 15 Mar 2007 4:42 +0000

"chipping" is changing the computer CHIP or in most cases the hole computer that runs just about everything to do with the engine eg the timing,injector pulse,air fuel ratio all that sort of stuff when Toyota (or any company) build the program for there cars they make a 100% safe and combatable program for all there engines in that series when you CHIP a car if done right is put on a dyno and they custom build a program for that engine like tailor fitting a suit It give better power,torque and more often than not fuel economy
Davo

Chips?

Postby TOMUCH on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 3:47 +0000

Davo is exactly correct, However there are companies that will sell you a preset chip like DTronics and DP... I am not 100% sure if these chips can me altered once installed but I have been told they are.... I simply pug and played my Dtronic kit and it works very well. If anyone else out there knows if these units can be further modified to suit load / exhaust and other mods can youplease let me know via this forum... Cheers TOMUCH
DONT FOLLOW ME ...... YOU WONT MAKE IT !
TOMUCH

Return to General Discussion