Pics of side steps

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Pics of side steps

Postby Norm C on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 8:23 +0000

A while back Doug 67 asked me to post up some pics of my side steps. Sorry about the delay Doug, but finally got around to it.
I gave them a quicks spray with the hose (a bit naughty with our water restrictions) ti get some mud off, You can still see the wet spots.
It really shows up the amount of paint I've knocked off them on dirt roads and off roading.
Time for a repaint I think.
Pics are in my profile. Tried to take a couple that show how they connect to the chasis and the sill protection involved.
They were custom made by a guy named Peter Gleeson who I know through the Gold Coast 4WD Club. He does not 'mas produce', but makes them on request. He had my vehicle overnight once (for measure and prefabrication), then for a couple of hours a week later for fitting.

As I have mentioned before, the steps are super strong and connected to chasis in 4 places (ARB steps are only connected in 2 I think). I can use a Hi Lift jack to lift the Hilux using the step. Have done this to change a tyre while off roading.
Norm C

Pics of side steps

Postby mischief on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 9:50 +0000

That's awesome, would love a set, do you think he might be interested in making another?
mischief

Pics of side steps

Postby Norm C on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:30 +0000

Mischief, I'll send you a PM with Peter's phone number.

If you are not local (Gold Coast area), it might be difficult. Although he could potentially make them off standard measurements, he prefers to make all his bar work specifiec for the vehicle. That is have the vehicle available for measurement, design and fitting.
Norm C

Pics of side steps

Postby mischief on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:19 +0000

Yeah.. that is true.. thanks :)
mischief

Pics of side steps

Postby Doug67 on Fri, 02 Mar 2007 9:23 +0000

Thank's Norm C
Found a guy in Thornton, Near Newcastle and Maitland, who connects to the chassis in the same way, I was a bit worried how this was done. Qouted $950 powder coated and installed using either aluminium or stell checka plate. The steel would be welded in and would be stronger but over time the powder coat will probably wear through with foot ware. $550 for rear protection
Doug67

Return to General Discussion