**** WARNING KING WHEELS WARNING ***

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: **** WARNING KING WHEELS WARNING ***

Postby jiggins on Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:17 +0000

I'm going back to the original dealer on monday and see what i can do about it. I've spoken to my dad and he said looks like a job for the Department Of Fair Trading.

cheer

James
Last edited by jiggins on Mon, 30 Mar 2009 3:09 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
jiggins

My 2005 Dual Cab Hilux Garden Ornament will move again one day. :shock:

Yep... One Day. :roll:

Update: My 2005 Dual Cab Hilux Garden Ornament is back on the road. :shock:
jiggins
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Torsion on Sun, 29 Mar 2009 7:46 +0000

Not good mate, when I saw your post I thought its only a matter of time.
Here's a tip get your retail outlet to get on the phone and speak direct with the Managing Director of King Wheels Australia, his name is PETER. Remind em of my case, he knows who I am as I had it out with him personally. (Beaurepairs Penrith - 2008 Toyota Hilux), King Wheels sent out a puppet who spent 2 hours with me and the store manager of Beaurepairs as he fumbled his way through speaking DRIBBLE.

Here's an update on my scenario;
Beaurepairs is the Retail outlet I purchased both MTR's and King Rims from.
Beaurepairs have offered me a deal on a new set of MTR's (due to the MTR's scolloping) but don't want to help me out with the rims -go figure.
Anyway Goodyear Australia (yep Goodyear is part owner of Beaurepairs) is now handling the matter, formal complaint has been lodged and they are now going taking over the matter.
I'll keeps you'se posted.

Oh yeh forgot to mention according to Beaurepairs Head Office this is not the first KING RIM case they have been involved with. Apparently similar scenario's involving both alloy and steel wheels, with the same outcome (to date anyway) as mine - No After Sales Warranty Settlement / Replacement.
Well thats gunna change soon.
Torsion

Postby Brookster on Sun, 29 Mar 2009 8:23 +0000

You'd think it would be in Beaurepaire's interest to stop selling a product which isn't backed by any decent after sales service. Accepting that there will always be some problems with a small percentage of any product, it's more important how a company deals with the problem than the actual problem itself. Seems Kings fail on this big time. Perhaps they have a larger than average percentages of problem products and would go broke if they honoured their warranty obligations! If this is the case, more fool them for continuing to import and on-sell inferior products.
It can't be that hard to make a steel rim that is round and well balanced; look at all the factory steel rims sold with vehicles. My old troopy had steel chrome rims off a 60 series; nothing wrong with them; easy to balance.
Onya Torsion; fight the good fight!
sic em Rex! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
IF A MAN TALKS IN THE FOREST AND THERE IS NO WOMAN TO HEAR HIM, IS HE STILL WRONG?
Brookster

Postby jiggins on Mon, 30 Mar 2009 4:36 +0000

Ok Fellas Went back to the tyre shop this afternoon. Went over the problem again. It was starting to shutter at about the 80km/h mark. Told them I had taken it to another tyre shop and had them look at it and was told the wheels where out of round.

I did get to see 2 of them being spun this time one was about 1.5-2mm out and the other was about 4-5mm out (sight only).

After re-balancing again I was told to let them know if there was still a problem. The fellow that was helping me did ring Kings while I was there and was told if the problem persisted again they would send someone out to have a look.

Well back on the road hit 100km/h and what do you know there is a shutter/vibration so straight on the phone. Told him it was still there and was told to ring tomorrow and make a time to meet the Kings person.

I also mentioned this forum being that there were a few other with the same problem.

Cheers

James
jiggins

jiggins
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Torsion on Wed, 01 Apr 2009 4:51 +0000

HOLD THE PHONE............

Yep I can report KING WHEELS have bit the bullet and have provided 2 NEW Replacement rims.............. :D :D :D
I was after 3, but will live with two (the third rim was touch and go)
Beaurepairs store I deal with have them in their hot hands and have rotated them on their balancing machines to make sure we don't have a repeat of the same shit.

Its amazing what pressure can do, I was told by Goodyear Australia they flexed their muscles and wulllahh.
They obviously got the manging director of KING WHEELS (if use missed it I'll say it again his name is Peter, hehe)to pull his head out of his arse and do the right thing......
The story is detailed and in depth but I won't bore you'all - but its exacltey the outcome you would expect.

Apparently this managing director of King Wheels is fuming and made it real clear to the Beaurepairs store manager I deal with he's not happy with couphing up a warranty settlement - _uck him, I will be phoning him personally as soon as the change over occurs and rub his head in it ;)

Brookster - you are spot on and correct. I was told KING WHEELS are not a "Recommended" supplier of rims for Goodyear Australia, they will get them in upon request from a customer but not "Recommended".
My case reached the Senior pow woes of Goodyear Australia from Sydney to Melbourne, this will only ratify what Goodyear Australia already new.

Good luck to others with similar prob's, keep on em.
Last edited by Torsion on Thu, 02 Apr 2009 8:09 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Torsion

Postby jiggins on Wed, 01 Apr 2009 8:07 +0000

:lol: :lol:

Not sure when you found out about your new rim but i knew yesterday. :o
I had a talk with Peter and will be getting the rims looked at next tuesday. :shock:

fingers crossed

cheers

jiggins
jiggins

jiggins
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brookster on Wed, 01 Apr 2009 8:11 +0000

Persistence pays off Torsion. Well done! I reckon you've engaged in a bit of 'natural selection'! If your mate at Kings hasn't worked out what happens if you don't honour your product, I reckon he soon will. The word Dodo springs to mind. 8-) 8-)
IF A MAN TALKS IN THE FOREST AND THERE IS NO WOMAN TO HEAR HIM, IS HE STILL WRONG?
Brookster

Postby Macca on Thu, 02 Apr 2009 4:26 +0000

Good result Torsion

How can the Korean's build their container ships to micron accuracy when the wheel, which has been around for a while now, is not round :?: :?: :?:

Need a bit of explaining to figure Kings attitude out...

Do they have any thing to do with the spring mob of the same name :?: :?:
Those are a good product, without doubt.

Macc
Macca

Postby jiggins on Tue, 07 Apr 2009 7:36 +0000

Good News.

Took the lux back to the shop today for KINGS to have a look.

After 2 and a half hours of balancing removing tyres re-balancing rotating tyres on the rims 2 test drive I now have 3 new replacement rims fitted and there is no sign of shake/vibration at the moment will see how long it lasts for. :o

cheers

jiggins
jiggins

jiggins
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jiggins on Fri, 12 Jun 2009 6:39 +0000

Ok so we are now 2 months down the track after a few high speed roads the shake is still there I had a trip to Manning Point/Old Bar and shook myself mad :? :( . I have had it with these rims I rung the place I bought the rims from yet again and have been I need to take the lux back for yet another rebalance. YAY :evil: . I told him I do not want the rims any more and want my money back. He said he would ring the Manager of King wheels again to tell him of my problems yet again.

Now I wait until Monday next week and head up there for yet another sh1t fight.

I went to another wheel place today and got my old SR stock rims rebalanced so I can make a test run myself to make sure its the rims/tyres and not the LUX.

While i was there I expressed interest in a set of ROH RTX rims in 16 x 7. The sales fellow rang ROH and came back with a price at $220 a rims and also a little story.

Apparently he (ROH GUY) had just sold a set of these ROH RTX rims to a guy that owned a NEW HILUX that had a set of KING RIMS with the same shake once the ROHs were on the shake was gone. FUNNY THAT!!!!

Still fighting,

Jiggins
jiggins

jiggins
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brookster on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 8:22 +0000

Jiggins,
I've got a set of 16x7 shadow chrome ROH RTX's and are really happy with them; no problems. They look good, are load-rated for commercial vehicles and are made in Australia.

I reckon the newhilux members could to do a bit of informal research on Kings Wheels. We could have a chat to local tyre dealers to see what they reckon. Gather a bit of anecdotal evidence about the problems they may have encountered and if so what after sales service Kings has offered. Just simple questions, no slamming Kings unless a pattern emerges.

I'll post any findings; others could do the same if they wish.

Again, I reckon it is totally unacceptable that inferior and potentially unsafe products find their way onto the market with little recourse for the buyer. If these wheels are as consistently poor as yours and Torsion's experience then letters to the state vehicle regulatory bodies might be a good idea.

Good luck!
Brookster

Postby Torsion on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:57 +0000

Fella's I havn't even gone back to the Beaurepairs store to do the new King rims change over yet...................
Whilst its a personal win to get King Wheels to come to the party, I'm concerned I'll be in the same spot as Jiggins finds himself in again. Especially given I'm about to fit a set of MTZ.
I'm seriously contemplating doing the same Jiggins, just F em off and go alloy.

Yeh Brookster I think your spot on - King Wheels are rubbish.
Torsion

Postby Quinny34 on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 1:15 +0000

Go Dynamics if you run short on other options... both mine and MMaaxx's are fine... $110 each black

http://www.dynamictyres.com.au/files/ER ... n_2009.pdf
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 1:40 +0000

Quinny23 wrote:Go Dynamics if you run short on other options... both mine and MMaaxx's are fine... $110 each black

http://www.dynamictyres.com.au/files/ER ... n_2009.pdf

X2 :mrgreen:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Skog07 on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 7:59 +0000

James.
Just a thought mate. With all the dillema of the King rims being out of round do you think that fitting a round tyre on an out of round rim could cause uneven wear and balance issues when you change over to the new alloy rims. Id really consider doing some investigations with this as the out of round wheel may have done damage to your tyres. I saw the amount of wheel weights on Bilkos lux when we did the night run up at Clarence.. It was a concern :shock: :shock:
See if you can get replacement tyres as well if the rims have caused uneven wear etc.
The amount of times that they turned them on the rim to get the balance right would haveto have some detrimental effect on the bead and sidewall itself.????
Hope it all works out for you mate.
Cheers
Skog
Skog07

Postby cranewa on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 1:01 +0000

Oh this sucks. I read this and checked the wheels on the Lux I just bought. Sure enough they are Kings in black. Did need new tyres though anyway so I might just have to go for the wheel and tyre combo.

Thanks for the heads up
cranewa

Postby Alby on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 1:20 +0000

cranewa wrote:Oh this sucks. I read this and checked the wheels on the Lux I just bought. Sure enough they are Kings in black. Did need new tyres though anyway so I might just have to go for the wheel and tyre combo.

Thanks for the heads up

They were not all dodgy, if you are not having any problems with yours, stick with them.
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Steveyb on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 2:51 +0000

Just ordered me some Dynamics in 17x8 black, glad I avoided the kings now!

P.S.

May they burn in hell :twisted: :twisted:
NLC
Steveyb

**** WARNING KING WHEELS WARNING ***

Postby D4D luxy on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 3:15 +0000

Yea Iv got kings and they've done nearly 20000 ks no dramas at all
D4D luxy

Postby danmcccc on Wed, 07 Dec 2011 3:21 +0000

my kings are fine :? i think part of the balancing problem is the machine they are balanced on...im not sure if someone has mentioned it yet or not but theres 2 types of machines, one balances from the centre of the rim where the hub is and the other balances from the wheels studs...the wheel stud one being the better as kings are not a hub centric rim i believe

thats a theory anyways
old enough to know better...young enough to not give a f**k

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion