Low riding Hilux :)

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Low riding Hilux :)

Postby jamesmoyna on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 12:02 +0000

Greetings from Herzegovina guys, new member here, just got a Hilux, 2015. 3.0 d4d, automatic… it will serv our needs as a work truck. :)

I was wondering if anyone has this as an issue, I am 183 cm tall but I feel as if I am sitting quite low in the Hilux, especially after driving it after I grt out of our Land Cruiser 150 series…

The seats don’t have hight adjustment,strange. I was wondering if there are any cons in building some
Sort of block lifters to raise the sests a bit…?

Thank you for any input.
jamesmoyna

Re: Low riding Hilux :)

Postby hiluxxury on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 5:46 +0000

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

It might be both a legal and safety problem. I'd check your countries laws as to modifications. It also might be an insurance problem.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 6:57 +0000

hiluxxury wrote:Hi there, welcome to the forum.

It might be both a legal and safety problem. I'd check your countries laws as to modifications. It also might be an insurance problem.

There might also be an issue with being 183cm tall. How much space is between you and the roof now? Have you got much space to move up?
What you might be better looking at is to consider getting a 2" lift? This is done on the suspension of the vehicle, but as "hiluxxury" suggests, you might wish to check the laws in your local area first.
Rob_Wood

Postby jamesmoyna on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 2:11 +0000

Hi guys, thank you. I appreciate your input. Plenty of space above my head and the head rest. It almost feels as if these seats are not original to this car but I know they are. I am not that “short”, it almost feels as if I am looking at the top of my steering wheel, strange that Toyota skimped on raising the seat option on these seats.

I will check with the gov. tech inspection office re legality. Thank you.

I will be lifting the Hilux a bit, not sure what way to go on that as there so many options out there. Suggestions on this are welcome :)
jamesmoyna

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 8:18 +0000

jamesmoyna wrote:Hi guys, thank you. I appreciate your input. Plenty of space above my head and the head rest. It almost feels as if these seats are not original to this car but I know they are. I am not that “short”, it almost feels as if I am looking at the top of my steering wheel, strange that Toyota skimped on raising the seat option on these seats.

I will check with the gov. tech inspection office re legality. Thank you.

I will be lifting the Hilux a bit, not sure what way to go on that as there so many options out there. Suggestions on this are welcome :)

How long have you had the Hilux? mine has a lever on the steering column that allows me to move the steering wheel up and down to suit my comfort levels. Maybe you just need to "get comfy" with your new car?
Rob_Wood

Postby jamesmoyna on Sat, 27 Nov 2021 3:43 +0000

Hi, we just got it, like a week or so ago, it is just weird, alternating between the Land zcruiser and the hilux just feels strange. I will figure it out, I was just curious if others had this issue.

I run a small vineyards pland, we make wine and also olive oil, we got the Hilly as a work truck. I hope it serves us well.
:)

Had to sell my BJ42
jamesmoyna

Postby Rob_Wood on Sat, 27 Nov 2021 4:29 +0000

jamesmoyna wrote:Hi, we just got it, like a week or so ago, it is just weird, alternating between the Land zcruiser and the hilux just feels strange. I will figure it out, I was just curious if others had this issue.

I run a small vineyards pland, we make wine and also olive oil, we got the Hilly as a work truck. I hope it serves us well.
:)

Had to sell my BJ42

If you look after it, a Hilux will serve you well. Being so new to a Hilux, I'd suggest getting used to it for a while before making changes that will probably cost you a few coins.
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sat, 27 Nov 2021 7:10 +0000

Yes James, I agree, take some time to get accustomed to the Hilux before you spend lots of money making modifications which may or may not be suitable. After all, the Hilux is not a LandCruiser, just get used to the seats first and then think about what to do. I'm only short at 173cm and I find the Hilux comfortable, and I can see over the dash. But I also stepped down from a LandCruiser to the Hilux and I don't regret it despite the LandCruiser superiority. ;)
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby jamesmoyna on Sun, 28 Nov 2021 2:04 +0000

Thank you guys. I guess I will give it a go for some time. The thing is I alternate between the LC150 snd the Hilux, each time I get in to the hilux I feel like a three year old behind the steering wheel. :)
jamesmoyna

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 28 Nov 2021 3:02 +0000

Yes James I do relate to what you are saying. I hop from my Hilux to a corolla and then to an Aurion, often all on one day but it's just a matter of changing your style as you move from one vehicle to the next. ;)
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 28 Nov 2021 5:25 +0000

Yeah, I also get the jumping from one vehicle to another, often many times a day. Drove trucks then utes then cars depending what was available in the pool. All makes and models. After a while I feel you'll get used to it. Just don't rush spending money you don't need to spend. It's Wwaaayy to hard to come by.
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 5:38 +0000

Try towing a 40tonne 25metre wide aircraft behind a tractor the size of a mini minor and you get a perspective of size difference.
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:23 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Try towing a 40tonne 25metre wide aircraft behind a tractor the size of a mini minor and you get a perspective of size difference.

That's just practice for reversing the boat or caravan in retirement isn't it?
Rob_Wood

Return to General Discussion