KUN26 engine light coming on

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: KUN26 engine light coming on

Postby martynvella on Thu, 11 Nov 2021 4:37 +0000

Rob, that sensors soul purpose is to activate the AT over temp light.
Please try to keep your posts factual, IE actually know what you are talking about, not make shit up to pose arguements.
The OP can make their own guesses but they post here to get help, not have people guess about stuff they know bugger all about.
martynvella

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 11 Nov 2021 9:18 +0000

martynvella wrote:Rob, that sensors soul purpose is to activate the AT over temp light.
Please try to keep your posts factual, IE actually know what you are talking about, not make shit up to pose arguements.
The OP can make their own guesses but they post here to get help, not have people guess about stuff they know bugger all about.

Yet another pleasant reading experience. It's so much fun interacting with people who know everything. I learn so much from such "pleasant" interactions.
Rob_Wood

Postby martynvella on Thu, 11 Nov 2021 9:23 +0000

Just as you would learn very little by arguing with peole who do know something when you are just imagining.
Not helping the OP at all, just making him doubt correct information.
martynvella

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 11 Nov 2021 10:47 +0000

martynvella wrote:Just as you would learn very little by arguing with peole who do know something when you are just imagining.
Not helping the OP at all, just making him doubt correct information.

I've found over the years that very little (if anything) can be learned from arguments. I was also under the impression that this forum was for people to learn, make suggestions, share ideas and generally interact in a safe and polite manner. It wasn't until "YOU" used the word that I found I was having a "disagreement".
Please continue knowing ALL, you are certainly teaching me the kind of person you are choosing to be.
Rob_Wood

Postby martynvella on Fri, 12 Nov 2021 3:25 +0000

Just as you have chosen the person you want to be, one that will never learn more than he knows now because he has no respect for people that know more about a subject than they do.

I have been there with that sensor before and know exactly what it does on that vehicle as apposed to other similar models.
The ECM does nothing with its information other than operate the warning light, trans temp is not available from the OBD port, it does not disable overdrive in an attempt to avoid an over heat, nothing. People remove that sensor and replace it with a gauge sender and just leave it plugged in and strapped up to no ill affect.

You can take this information or leave it but dont argue with it, that just brings out the type of person you choose to be.
martynvella

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 12 Nov 2021 4:49 +0000

I have no idea why you're getting so upset about this. I have at NO stage disputed what you have said with regards to this sensor stuff. In fact, if you care to read my post again, you will see that I was in fact asking a question. As I may have mentioned. I AM TRYING TO LEARN SOMETHING HERE. I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR DISDAIN AND YOUR CLEARLY ARGUMENTATIVE AND NEGATIVE ATTITUDE.
AND YES I AM YELLING IN THE HOPE THAT YOU MIGHT HEAR WHAT I AM SAYING, and not just go off on some other tangent.
Rob_Wood

Postby martynvella on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 2:48 +0000

martynvella wrote:The one near the cooler lines is only a switch to bring up the warning light on the dash, it serves no other function.

When I put the above I thought it would have come across that I actually KNEW what I was talking about.

When you continued to theorise about faults it appeared to me that you didnt believe that I might have actually knew what I was talking about through something called actual experience not just guessing.

If I do not know something I will not say it, or make it known that it is an educated guess.

YOU WILL NOT LEARN IF YOU CONTINUE TO DOUBT THOSE THAT ARE MORE EXPERIENCED IN A PARTICULAR FIELD.
martynvella

Postby Username_here on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 1:23 +0000

It was just the check engine light, not overheating warning lamp

I'm actually reluctant to say what the problem was because to be perfectly honest I don't think anyone would believe me

It's also a bit of a disappointment reading through Marty's posts, I left Facebook etc almost a year ago now due to this type of negativity. Life's been better ever since. I think if you look from a distance brother you have been nasty to Ron for no reason. C'mon man,we're all just people here looking to help each other. Let's band together. There's enough negativity in the world already
Username_here

Postby dave g on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 6:27 +0000

X2 on your post username_here
But please tell what the problem was you would not be the first one cort out by a 20 cent fix.
( I pulled a motor half apart to find a plug had been nocked off the bottom of the manifold out of sight )
dave g

Postby Rob_Wood on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:03 +0000

Username_here wrote:It was just the check engine light, not overheating warning lamp

I'm actually reluctant to say what the problem was because to be perfectly honest I don't think anyone would believe me

It's also a bit of a disappointment reading through Marty's posts, I left Facebook etc almost a year ago now due to this type of negativity. Life's been better ever since. I think if you look from a distance brother you have been nasty to Ron for no reason. C'mon man,we're all just people here looking to help each other. Let's band together. There's enough negativity in the world already

dave g wrote:X2 on your post username_here
But please tell what the problem was you would not be the first one cort out by a 20 cent fix.
( I pulled a motor half apart to find a plug had been nocked off the bottom of the manifold out of sight )

I am also interested in what it really was. Even the little things help us learn. "Believing" what it was? Not a problem here, most of us here have seen all sorts of weird & wonderful things.
Rob_Wood

Postby Username_here on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 3:32 +0000

I'm sorry guys, I really don't want to say.

It actually wouldn't help anyone in future because it's exclusive to me. Understand it sounds impossible, but in this case it's true. If anything changes I promise I'll be back to let you know
Username_here

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:03 +0000

Come on mate, just tell us and don't be embarrassed, we all make mistakes. Even the pm crapped his pants in Macca's so the story goes. :lol: :lol: we've all got skin in the game now so really you owe it to us to come clean ;)
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:07 +0000

Username_here wrote:I'm sorry guys, I really don't want to say.

It actually wouldn't help anyone in future because it's exclusive to me. Understand it sounds impossible, but in this case it's true. If anything changes I promise I'll be back to let you know

That's fine, if you're that adament about not saying, it must be important to you. Just be aware that some of us might start to guess or speculate. Like for example at a certain time of day while taking the dogs to the beach, the sun reflected off the neighbours glasshouse and caught your dash lights at just the right angle. :) :) :)
Rob_Wood

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:13 +0000

Gipsy wrote: Even the pm crapped his pants in Macca's so the story goes. :lol: :lol:

I hate it when that happens; oh shoot, did I say that out loud?
Rob_Wood

Postby 241steve on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:14 +0000

https://pdfhost.io/v/Us86JVp4w_EAI1KD The temp sensor light comes from the Transmission Control ECU.
While your on the subject if the sensor wire is disconnected does the light come on or if the wiring was damaged and the wires shorted together what happens does it damage the ecu.
Haven't you ever been told as a worker you f$@#&% that up didn't you cant you say that anymore?
How does it work what fails are the notes for the cheat sheet if you goto the auto sparky they'll want $40 to plug in read a code and try clear it.
241steve

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:15 +0000

I normally try to squeeze out a silent one when that happens Rob :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:20 +0000

Gipsy wrote:I normally try to squeeze out a silent one when that happens Rob :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditto, I think the problem arises at the end of a big night and you just end up following through..
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:27 +0000

That's one thing you can't say about the pm, he never follows through :lol: :lol:
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:39 +0000

Gipsy wrote:That's one thing you can't say about the pm, he never follows through :lol: :lol:

So if I understand you correctly, he just stays "full of it"?
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:46 +0000

Well yes and no, he apparently was too full of it at Macca's :lol: :lol: but follow through???? NEVER
Gipsy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion