KUN26 engine light coming on

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: KUN26 engine light coming on

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:58 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Well yes and no, he apparently was too full of it at Macca's :lol: :lol: but follow through???? NEVER

Hhmmm, IF we're talking about the same PM, then I agree he never follows through AND I've been led to believe that he stays so full of it that he just keeps sprouting it with every attempted utterance.
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 6:07 +0000

Maybe that's what he was doing at Macca's... Crapping on the workers!
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 7:32 +0000

He craps on everything he touches and everyone he meets. Just look at how happy the Kermit's are right now.
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 8:23 +0000

EV's will ruin the weekend, you can't tow a trailer and tradies will have to give up their utes... Oh how things change, there's even a Ford f250 EV now! Oops I'd better tell everyone I never said that. He even tells us he doesn't care about what he said yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: talk about crapping on our leg and calling it a brown puppy (Shaun McCalleff)

Yes I know mods I'm way off topic and I shouldn't talk politics, so sue me :lol: :lol:
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 2:15 +0000

Gipsy wrote:EV's will ruin the weekend, you can't tow a trailer and tradies will have to give up their utes... Oh how things change, there's even a Ford f250 EV now! Oops I'd better tell everyone I never said that. He even tells us he doesn't care about what he said yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: talk about crapping on our leg and calling it a brown puppy (Shaun McCalleff)

Yes I know mods I'm way off topic and I shouldn't talk politics, so sue me :lol: :lol:

You weren't the only one in the conversation, but what's this about politics? I thought we were discussing the local Toyota "Parts Moderator"?

Would that be close enough to topic? :) :) :)
Rob_Wood

Postby Username_here on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 8:27 +0000

Well I'm back.. it wasn't what I thought it was

So it's been coming on all the time as of today. Went to the beach with the dog yesterday, sure enough cane on in exactly the same spot it always does about 10 minutes from home. Today, again without the trailer it's constantly on. I'm coming to think it might have something to do with my trailer plug(?)
Username_here

Postby Gipsy on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 9:46 +0000

Well mate we have tried to help you but you were unwilling to tell us what you think caused it. Maybe the dog is the problem :lol:
If it comes on at the same place it's probably not the trailer plug, unless it happens other places. I assume it doesn't come on when the trailer is connected and the dog isn't there and you're not on the way to the beach :shock: MIL isn't likely to come on in the circumstances you mention. A MIL will leave a code that you can check with your OBD scanner.
Gipsy

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 26 Nov 2021 8:14 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Well mate we have tried to help you but you were unwilling to tell us what you think caused it. Maybe the dog is the problem :lol:
If it comes on at the same place it's probably not the trailer plug, unless it happens other places. I assume it doesn't come on when the trailer is connected and the dog isn't there and you're not on the way to the beach :shock: MIL isn't likely to come on in the circumstances you mention. A MIL will leave a code that you can check with your OBD scanner.

Really Gipsy, you were eating beans too, you can't just blame the dog "EVERY" time. :lol: :o :lol:
Rob_Wood

Postby Gipsy on Sat, 27 Nov 2021 6:24 +0000

:lol: :lol: :lol: even the wife laughed at that one :lol:
The main reason I laughed is because I don't have a dog and still the dog gets the blame! I can't escape that because it's either me or her who must put their hand up :? :roll: :mrgreen:
Gipsy

Postby Username_here on Wed, 23 Mar 2022 4:22 +0000

Hey guys, long time no hear

Still having this problem.. it's gotten worse now and activates daily even without a dog in the car! Lol but interestingly enough 9 times out of 10 in the morning same stretch if highway. I can only imagine it's exceptionally dewy.

I've ordered a new MAF sensor and have just come across this which mentions codes between 1-4 are a bad sensor which mine is https://www.breakerlink.com/blog/mainte ... ow-sensor/ which sounds promising. I dare say it's the most likely culprit after an engine degreas from the apprentice on a Friday afternoon

Will update
Username_here

Previous

Return to General Discussion