Ticking noise

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Ticking noise

Postby Crosby611 on Sat, 15 Aug 2020 3:28 +0000

Hey guys new to the forum have had a read through some off the topics on ticking hiluxs but there is alot of confusion some say normal some say its not so heres my story 2012 d4d sr5 180000 ks injectors tested and cleaned values are good car ticks from around the 1800 mark to the 2500 mark under light acceleration only if u tromp it its ok does it worse when cold but still a bit when at operating temp ive replaced map and maf with still no luck its got catch can with egr plate 8mm hole now my only problem with people saying its normal is i dont remember it being like that when i brought it at 130000 i hate it so much i try let it warm up every morning to avoid the harsh ticking when cold but my mechanic also says its bad to warm deisels up to much. after car has been driven on a long drive i couldnt fault it it still makes good power and runs really smooth just the ticking drives me nuts am i just paranoid need a straight answer
Crosby611

Re: Ticking noise

Postby hiluxxury on Sat, 15 Aug 2020 5:40 +0000

Hard to make a call without seeing values. At 180,000km those injectors are getting on.

If you dont have it, get yourself a copy of techstream and monitor the values yourself. Sometimes the other diagnostic values can give you a better idea of whats going on.
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Re: Ticking noise

Postby andreimircea on Sun, 12 Dec 2021 4:27 +0000

Crosby611 wrote:Hey guys new to the forum have had a read through some off the topics on ticking hiluxs but there is alot of confusion some say normal some say its not so heres my story 2012 d4d sr5 180000 ks injectors tested and cleaned values are good car ticks from around the 1800 mark to the 2500 mark under light acceleration only if u tromp it its ok does it worse when cold but still a bit when at operating temp ive replaced map and maf with still no luck its got catch can with egr plate 8mm hole now my only problem with people saying its normal is i dont remember it being like that when i brought it at 130000 i hate it so much i try let it warm up every morning to avoid the harsh ticking when cold but my mechanic also says its bad to warm deisels up to much. after car has been driven on a long drive i couldnt fault it it still makes good power and runs really smooth just the ticking drives me nuts am i just paranoid need a straight answer

Hi mate, did you sort it out ?

Got the same issue, 225k, all injector values ok, but the thicking its there.

Thanks,
andreimircea

Return to General Discussion