Unichip Q4 engine troubles - Doing my head in!

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Unichip Q4 engine troubles - Doing my head in!

Postby Micandhal18 on Tue, 23 Jun 2020 7:32 +0000

Hi Guys,

Ive tried searching however have been using my phone. Sorry if this is doubled up. I have searched what my fault codes are however the experience im having seems different I guess to others who have got this code.

Im having a few issues with my Unichip Q4 in my hilux. (Chips fine might be the car)

Chip was put in and worked great for 3-4 months. Soon after I started getting a P0093 and P0096 fault code randomly. One fuel leakage and the other manifold pressure baroMetric pressure correlation.

The code would not pop up all the time it would be randomly and most of the time sitting at lights, slowing down, or cruising along. Never has popped up at high revs or towing a load. At one point they got frequent so i had to remove the Q4 and go back to stock ecu. The codes would never come up once i done this and have no issues.

I have had the Q4 retuned and while it was getting done never had any codes pop up. I then drove home and thought it was fixed. Fault poped up again. I went back and they checked the tune and backed off the rail pressure slightly. Car ran sweet for 2 days. Codes started popping up again and have since removed it. The place where i had it tuned are eager to help me out and sort it.

Ive done some searching and read that sometimes the pressure relief valves are faulty, scv valve might need replacing, MAP sensor is blocked... etc but not sure where to begin or even if these need replacing since the car runs fine on stock ecu.

The cars done 180k, blows little to no smoke, has had catch can since buying from the dealer (brand new) recently cleaned egr, intake and fitted a blank plate. Had secondary Fuel filter fitted since the start. Has not skipped a beat.

Any help would be appreciated cheers!
Micandhal18

Re: Unichip Q4 engine troubles - Doing my head in!

Postby hiluxxury on Wed, 24 Jun 2020 5:43 +0000

Welcome to the site Micandhal18,

It is the chip in combination with the state of you engine (worn injectors, SCV etc etc...) the questions you are asking have been answered and discussed many times in the past.. for example:

http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 81&t=12691

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=21396&start=40

if you search on P0093 and P0096 as well you will find many other threads that cover this topic.

Cheers
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Return to General Discussion