Warn Magnum 10K-S Vs. Runva 11XP Platinum

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Warn Magnum 10K-S Vs. Runva 11XP Platinum

Postby TBJ on Mon, 03 Jun 2019 2:54 +0000

So I've decided I need a winch as I'm sick of having to rely on my mates with winches, so I'm looking for a winch for my ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, I think I've narrowed it down to two winches the Warn Magnum 10K-S @$1499 and the Runva 11XP Premium @$995, I'm leaning towards the Warn because that's what I've had luck with in the past and also most of my mates have to. but was wondering about your own opinions? also to the people who've fitted a winch to an ARB Deluxe bar will I need to remove my bar to fit the winch?
thanks
-2013 MY12 SR5 3.0D4D Manual 4x4 Dual Cab
TBJ

Re: Warn Magnum 10K-S Vs. Runva 11XP Platinum

Postby TOYZX on Mon, 03 Jun 2019 4:02 +0000

I can't help ya with ya winch selection as I run a smittybuilt. Plenty of guys on here give the runva a good rap tho. As for bar removal, it'll depend on how old it is as arb changed the mounts at some point to a two piece system at some point. If you have a one piece mount with a large brace welded in the middle it can be done but it's easier just to get a mate to help and pull it off. If ya have the two piece one ya should be able to get it in there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Myralga on Mon, 03 Jun 2019 4:21 +0000

TOYZX wrote:I can't help ya with ya winch selection as I run a smittybuilt. Plenty of guys on here give the runva a good rap tho. As for bar removal, it'll depend on how old it is as arb changed the mounts at some point to a two piece system at some point. If you have a one piece mount with a large brace welded in the middle it can be done but it's easier just to get a mate to help and pull it off. If ya have the two piece one ya should be able to get it in there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If single mount and you can’t get it through the other option is remove all but the top set of pinning bolts (the nut and bolt not the nut and cage nut if memory serves) then you just pull the bottom of the bar outwards gently making sure nothing catches etc.
usually gets enough room.

As for runva vs warn both good winches warn has a 5 year warranty not sure about runvas you would be happy with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Postby patl on Mon, 03 Jun 2019 4:44 +0000

I can get my warn xp out by taking the grill and a couple of the brackets off and then pull it up. Heaps quicker than pulling the bar off
Patrick
patl

Postby where'smycat on Mon, 03 Jun 2019 6:13 +0000

Runva have a lifetime mechanical warranty and 5 years on electrical components with no servicing required for them to cover you. No limitations on that either, apparently Warn have a 'do not submerge in water' clause so they can dodge their limited lifetime mechanical and 1 year electric cover.

I'm not associated with Runva, but I did decide to buy one for my build. People rate the winches and they're willing to back their product.

Check out this for a read https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?th ... etc.25959/ Someone from Runva joined the thread to answer any questions people had about them too.
where'smycat

Return to General Discussion