Please help my Hilux is dying!

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Please help my Hilux is dying!

Postby Rmacpherson on Tue, 03 Jul 2018 5:37 +0000

Hi Guys,

Absolutely loving my Hilux GGN15R SR5 2005. Been kitting it out with a whole bunch of stuff. But lately its been having trouble starting. I've been trying to find any info on this issue but online or mechanics don't seem to have to answer so wanted to ask if any of you guys have come across this.

Starting issue
It sounds like its starting but the engine never sparks up just cranks. Doesnt matter how many times you turn the key it wont start until you leave it (usually i leave it with the hood up if it helps to cool it) for about 10 min. It is very sporadic to when this happens. I get it about once a week (always at the worst time).

I understand that this is a very general issue but my mechanic has 2 exactly the same hiluxes and all three of our cars are at around the 330 000 km line and all of them have the same issue, his however are much worst and have this issue daily something I really want to avoid.

Car drives great no issues no stutters no sounds nothing.
Starts are a bit slow but could be because its a bit colder here now.

Really don't want to give up the car so would be great to know if anyone has come across this and what they did to fix it!

Cheers
R
Rmacpherson

Return to General Discussion