HKS F-Con Computer VS Chip?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

HKS F-Con Computer VS Chip?

Postby jaybags on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 2:37 +0000

I've done a bit of a search on the forum, and can't find anything on the HKS F-Con computer besides 'JUSTAUTOS' build here - http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18352.

Has anyone else had experience with the HKS F-Con Computer? I've spent weeks reading through everyone's opinions on the different chips - Chip It, VNM, Steinbauer, but only just stumbled across the HKS today. It looks promising.

Though being only the computer, would you need to get an external chip controller to adjust settings?

I had my eyes set on the Dominator 3, but since the issues with Chip It delays and the forum occurred, I've been debating if it's worth getting, and wouldn't mind some opinions with the HKS F-Con vs Dominator 3, or if there are any big pros and cons for either.

Ps - sorry for adding another chip thread. If there is more info posted on the HKS, please point me to it. :?
Cheers,
Jay

My (super slow) build - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20120
jaybags

Re: HKS F-Con Computer VS Chip?

Postby anthony kemp on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 3:38 +0000

im going to start looking into this as im hoping with the hks you can tell the computer to forget all the variable vain stuff so i can run a aftermarket turbo instead of paying a rediculous amount for a flowed variable turbo
anthony kemp

Postby SRLUXX on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 5:05 +0000

I will be following this thread closely, Iam very interested in the F-con aswell, Oh don't get me started on chip it, still have not reveived dom 3, can not get a phone called returned by Justin or rob, been over a month since I last heard a thing from them! want my f$@#&% money back, that 2k could have been spent on something worth while!
SRLUXX

Postby uncledeuce on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 5:40 +0000

any one got the fcon d?
http://www.nengun.com/hks/f-con-d-diesel-fuel-computer
$427 seems too cheap
obviously its only a piggy back unit but its still half the price of other chips?

cheers
the difference between men and boys
is the price of their toys
uncledeuce

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 6:08 +0000

jaybags wrote:I've done a bit of a search on the forum, and can't find anything on the HKS F-Con computer besides 'JUSTAUTOS' build here - http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18352.

Has anyone else had experience with the HKS F-Con Computer? I've spent weeks reading through everyone's opinions on the different chips - Chip It, VNM, Steinbauer, but only just stumbled across the HKS today. It looks promising.

Though being only the computer, would you need to get an external chip controller to adjust settings?

I had my eyes set on the Dominator 3, but since the issues with Chip It delays and the forum occurred, I've been debating if it's worth getting, and wouldn't mind some opinions with the HKS F-Con vs Dominator 3, or if there are any big pros and cons for either.

Ps - sorry for adding another chip thread. If there is more info posted on the HKS, please point me to it. :?

The hks will adjust every thing any chip on the market can do plus more I love it cause the japs make it work with no fuss.
JUSTAUTOS

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 6:09 +0000

uncledeuce wrote:any one got the fcon d?
http://www.nengun.com/hks/f-con-d-diesel-fuel-computer
$427 seems too cheap
obviously its only a piggy back unit but its still half the price of other chips?

cheers

This is the little brother f con I have the ecu f con id
JUSTAUTOS

Postby jaybags on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 6:34 +0000

SRLUXX wrote:I will be following this thread closely, Iam very interested in the F-con aswell, Oh don't get me started on chip it, still have not reveived dom 3, can not get a phone called returned by Justin or rob, been over a month since I last heard a thing from them! want my f$@#&% money back, that 2k could have been spent on something worth while!

Gees, really?! I thought everything was just getting back on track before they were removed from the forum. I hope things turn around for you soon man!

The hks will adjust every thing any chip on the market can do plus more I love it cause the japs make it work with no fuss.

What more can it do? I take it it doesn't put the engine in limp mode at all does it?
Wouldn't mind knowing how much this is on it's own, and installed. I'm really starting to get an interest into the HKS computer now.
Cheers,
Jay

jaybags

Postby BIGFOOTJR on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 7:23 +0000

Interesting
BIGFOOTJR

Postby timothyg on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 8:11 +0000

i buddy of mine had the FCON iD on his navara. Good product but only lacks tuning techies and they (dealer) dont want to sell the software to tune the iD.
timothyg

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 4:16 +0000

U can get the software no worrie but if u don't know what ya doing u can burn a engine and cause u can do so much more like change injector voltage and how Maney times the injector fires. Thing like that in the wrough hand will cause dramas
JUSTAUTOS

Postby SRLUXX on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 6:45 +0000

JUSTAUTOS wrote:U can get the software no worrie but if u don't know what ya doing u can burn a engine and cause u can do so much more like change injector voltage and how Maney times the injector fires. Thing like that in the wrough hand will cause dramas

Sounds like a goer ay, so you supply and install for 2k? Chasing for power as my lux is also a work truck, installing this would still be good for a work truck? in time iam thinking about turbo, intercooler upgrade but just not yet. What do you guys charge to do a tune?

Ill have to drop in next time iam back down the coast when work settles down abit!
SRLUXX

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 6:59 +0000

Tuning depends on how long we spend on the dyno.yes this can be as little or as much as u want but will be fine as everyday car mine is and my wife drives it everyday.
JUSTAUTOS

Postby Krutch on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 7:06 +0000

ahh this is exactly what i've been looking for!!!! how have i only heard of this now!

'JustAuto's' i left you a voice message on your work number, will call on Monday. Would love to find out more.
'Dom3 issue/ChipIt issues...... thought that i was the only one! lol
very poor work/customer ethics!
Krutch

Postby Hellbound on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 9:45 +0000

Looks like every other fuel rail type chip to me, its only got one plug that plugs into the fuel rail sensor? no way it adjusts boost, injector timing or duration if it only plugs into the fuel rail... unless anyone that has one knows otherwise?
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 10:23 +0000

Hellbound wrote:Looks like every other fuel rail type chip to me, its only got one plug that plugs into the fuel rail sensor? no way it adjusts boost, injector timing or duration if it only plugs into the fuel rail... unless anyone that has one knows otherwise?

Read the posts up the top as said this is a hks f con (ID) not the little brother which is just hks f con Not ID as yes the little brother only does rail I do not sell this chip
JUSTAUTOS

Postby StevenS on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:05 +0000

About how much extra power/torque do you gain with the HKS, and can much be achieved without increasing rail pressure? From what I've read rail pressure is the biggest concern with aftermarket tunes especially with how the injectors cope long term.
StevenS

Postby jaybags on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 11:16 +0000

The power is great u will notice it no worries. I can send u out a hks with a base tune in it u will have to get it tuned down there but u can run the stock exhaust. Cheers

I'm keen for this! Though, looking further, it seems no one in VIC wants to touch HKS F-Con modules, or know how to. Apparently there's only a few around Aus that do? No? If that's the case, i'd only benefit from it by driving up to get it done. :?
From what i've read, the main issue i've seen is that not many can get their hands on the software? If they could, is there much risk involved with a mechanic touching a computer like that, that they're not familiar with?

Is there any warranty's that come with it?

Here's the data sheet for the F-Con iD for those interested:
http://hksaustralia.com.au/pdf/FCon-iD/vehicles/toyota/42011-AK007%20Hilux.pdf
- Not sure how much of that is generated from increasing the rail pressure though.

and Steinbauer as a comparison as an example(Not to say steinbuaer isn't good!): http://www.steinbauer.cc/media/datasheets/steinbauer-datasheet-toyota-hilux-30-d-4d-126-kw.pdf

If I cant get a HKS computer tuned here, I think I'll look towards the Steinbauer chip. Hmm.
Cheers,
Jay

jaybags

Postby jmaguire1991 on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 12:12 +0000

i had a drive of just auto's rig a week back. it was awsome! so much power and thats even with 33's on it. as soon as i can afford it ill be getting matt to put one in my truck.
jmaguire1991

Postby jaybags on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 2:14 +0000

Awesome. The fact that you mention it corrects itself without dropping out is pure awesome! ...and it controls so much.

If I found a mechanic willing to do it down here in VIC, would you be up for answering any questions the mechanic had if he called the shop, and/or provide the software with the HKS computer to tune it further?
Cheers,
Jay

jaybags

Postby JUSTAUTOS on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 2:30 +0000

Yeah sure I will setup up a tune for u load it in a can send it to you but it realy needs to go on a dyno to check air fuel ratio and boost.
JUSTAUTOS

Next

Return to General Discussion