replacement / Spare key and programing

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: replacement / Spare key and programing

Postby solemandownunder on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 3:45 +0000

ng_newbie wrote:Hey BB

I have sent them another question asking about the B41TH,

Tanin replied with

"http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-HILUX-VIGO-2011-2012-REMOTE-KEY-KEYLESS-UNCUT-ORIGINAL-89070-0K460-/181010691711?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2513f67f

MDL B41TH and B44TH are the same chip"

This is a bit confusing as I asked them to reply with a link to a ebay page so I can order a B41TH clearly says you need to have a B44TH.

Plus the page does not say the key is compatible with B41 is a worry :(

I'm not getting a lot of warm fuzzys from these guys !!!

Maybe try the key before sending it back.

NG

G'day NG.....To this point in time, I and my colleagues are NOT aware of the existance of any B44TH module released for Totota vehicles....and we are fully aware of what kbank are selling regards all their keys.

This supposed NEW module only came into existance recently when they could not supply the advertised B41TH .

The B41TH module MUST read at 314mhz give or take .9 of a mhz.

Please get the frequency of the B44TH module checked and let us know...this may be valuable information for all concerned here.
If you live in Brisbane, I can soon do that for you if need be.

Do NOT get the key cut UNTIL the frequency is confirmed....IF it is 314mhz, then chances are that it will work.

There is a manual On Board Programming procedure for these modules and it would be easy to try and and program the module FIRST before proceeding to cut the key.

This is new territory and needs to be confirmed/denied as soon as possible.

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby BB1 on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 8:06 +0000

Just a final follow up from me with my key saga:

The Ebay fella finally sent me the correct key with "G Chip" and B41TH remote module.

Ray (in the post above) from All Remotes and Keys came out to my work to check the key first (frequencies etc) before cutting it and coding to the cars ECU.

The transponder part was quickly done - impressive array of the correct gadgets to do the job properly - and after a couple of issues with getting the remote door lock/unlock done that was sorted I was all good to go.

He also set me up with a surf key with transponder chip as apparently if you lock your remote key in the car and take a plain old metal door key surfing and someone steals your car the insurance companies will not cover you.

All up it took a little while to get it sorted which was due to the Ebay guy and some communications issues but Ray at All Remotes and Keys could not have been more helpful.

Well worth giving him a call (0437 831 110) if you need help with keys and remotes
BB1

Postby solemandownunder on Sat, 08 Dec 2012 2:59 +0000

solemandownunder wrote:
ng_newbie wrote:Hey BB

I have sent them another question asking about the B41TH,

Tanin replied with

"http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-HILUX-VIGO-2011-2012-REMOTE-KEY-KEYLESS-UNCUT-ORIGINAL-89070-0K460-/181010691711?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2513f67f

MDL B41TH and B44TH are the same chip"

This is a bit confusing as I asked them to reply with a link to a ebay page so I can order a B41TH clearly says you need to have a B44TH.

Plus the page does not say the key is compatible with B41 is a worry :(

I'm not getting a lot of warm fuzzys from these guys !!!

Maybe try the key before sending it back.

NG

G'day NG.....To this point in time, I and my colleagues are NOT aware of the existance of any B44TH module released for Totota vehicles....and we are fully aware of what kbank are selling regards all their keys.

This supposed NEW module only came into existance recently when they could not supply the advertised B41TH .

The B41TH module MUST read at 314mhz give or take .9 of a mhz.

Please get the frequency of the B44TH module checked and let us know...this may be valuable information for all concerned here.
If you live in Brisbane, I can soon do that for you if need be.

Do NOT get the key cut UNTIL the frequency is confirmed....IF it is 314mhz, then chances are that it will work.

There is a manual On Board Programming procedure for these modules and it would be easy to try and and program the module FIRST before proceeding to cut the key.

This is new territory and needs to be confirmed/denied as soon as possible.

Cheers, Ray.

NG....any news yet....did you buy the key ?

Also, something I should mention, Tanin mistakenly believes that the B41TA/TH Modules ARE the chips...when in fact they are NOT.

The MODULES themselves ONLY work the RKE ( Remote Keyless Entry ) function on the vehicle and have NO direct effect on the Immobiliser system at all.....THAT is what the chip itself does.

When you open your key case....looking at the Module still in situ.....down the bottom on the right hand side, close to the blade, you will see the carbon/ceramic chip...maybe glued over.

THIS is what Tanin does not understand at this stage.....AND that chip must be ID67 for vehicles 2006-2010....AND "G" chip for vehicles 2011+. ( This is a GENERAL rule of thumb---there are also changeover years to consider according to build dates ).

The ID67 BLADE has a DOT clearly imprinted on the top part of the key blade nearest the head.....and the "G" chip has the letter G in the same place......But still get the chip ID checked anyway for the time being.

To check what chip you have NOW...and also the one you have RECEIVED....just go to any MINIT store and ask then to ID them for you.

I have bought a few from him ( both B41TA & B41TH )and they work WELL....BUT it is a lottery as to which chip you will receive...either ID67 or "G" chip.

We are working at education him, and as time goes by, you should see his products advertised with more concise information.

ALSO...if the right MODULE is received...BUT has the wrong chip...we are more that happy to exchange chips & cases with anybody needing them. Do NOT attempt to remove the chip, you very likely WILL damage it....we will send a NEW case with correct chip in the exchange.

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby toyboata on Sat, 08 Dec 2012 5:43 +0000

Any Melbourne people that need key programming, if you can't get it to work by following the manual programming procedure, I can do it with my Ultrascan for $50 with you supplying the key.
toyboata

Postby solemandownunder on Sat, 08 Dec 2012 9:25 +0000

toyboata wrote:Any Melbourne people that need key programming, if you can't get it to work by following the manual programming procedure, I can do it with my Ultrascan for $50 with you supplying the key.

COOL offer....GOOD price :D as long as it is the CORRECT chip 8-)

OBP...or On Board Programming (otherwise known as manual programming procedure) for the KEY is only an option if you have TWO working Master Keys...of course 8-)

And then OBP for the remote is something altogether different...of course :)

There is NO Diagnostic procedure for programming the Remote portion of the integrated RKE part of the Key for AU vehicles.

The programming procedure has been mentioned here before, I believe, but IF not, just ask and I will post it here. :)

BTW Toyboata.....HOW does one go about advertising their wares on this forum :?:

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby Finch on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 6:33 +0000

Hey guys,

Can anyone help?

I've got an 05 Hilux with a B41TA code & followed all the steps on here to get a spare key, getting one from ebay. He first sent me a B41TH key even though he'd advertised the one I needed. After a bit of back & forth he sent me the correct code one.

I've had them cut & followed the programming procedures, got the locks to work fine but can't get the ignition to start. I've tried dozens of times on all of the slightly different procedures that are listed on here & none seem to be working?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Finch
(Canberra)
Finch

Postby solemandownunder on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 8:22 +0000

Finch wrote:Hey guys,

Can anyone help?

I've got an 05 Hilux with a B41TA code & followed all the steps on here to get a spare key, getting one from ebay. He first sent me a B41TH key even though he'd advertised the one I needed. After a bit of back & forth he sent me the correct code one.

I've had them cut & followed the programming procedures, got the locks to work fine but can't get the ignition to start. I've tried dozens of times on all of the slightly different procedures that are listed on here & none seem to be working?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Finch
(Canberra)

You'll be right NOW M8..but don't forget....unless you already have TWO working Master keys....programming the"chip" to start the vehicle is a diagnostic process via the OBD11 port - NOT OBP ( OnBoardProgramming ) as we call it, otherwise known as manual programming :D

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby far on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:16 +0000

Hi guys this link is dead in the first post, anyone have another :?:

Thanks.
far

Postby solemandownunder on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 4:13 +0000

far wrote:

Thanks.

G'day M8.....are you after the "on board manual programming" instructions for the remote part of your key :?:

If so, I will post it here :)

Cheers, Ray
solemandownunder

Postby far on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:37 +0000

solemandownunder wrote:
far wrote:

Thanks.

G'day M8.....are you after the "on board manual programming" instructions for the remote part of your key :?:

If so, I will post it here :)

Cheers, Ray

Yes Please that will be nice
Thanks.
far

Postby solemandownunder on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 7:28 +0000

G'day Mate.....I have seen a few variations of this procedure...BUT...this is the one I use & know works....

1. Start with drivers door open & key out of Ignition

2. Within 10 seconds...Put key in Ign & take it out twice

3. Close & open drivers door twice....(gently does it, you have 40 seconds to work with here)

4. Put key in Ign & take it out ONCE

5. Close & open drivers door twice....(again, gently does it, you have 40 seconds to work with here)

6. CLOSE drivers door

7. Put key in Ign & turn to ON for 1-2 seconds, then off & remove.....Door locks should cycle to indicate that the vehicle is now in programming mode.

8. Press BOTH Lock & Unlock buttons on remote for 1-2 seconds.....release & then press Lock button only for 1 second

Door locks will cycle ONCE to indicate successful programming....IF they cycle TWICE, meaning that programming was UNsuccessful, then repeat step 8 again.

One you have programmed the remote.....open and close door & test Lock & Unlock buttons.

It seems complicated to begin with.....BUT...just read & re-read the instructions and have a printed copy of this while you are in the car and doing the procedure.

If you are part way at any time & think you have missed something....just close the door & start the engine, then turn it off - remove the key from the ignition and start again from the beginning.

HTH,

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby tcurve on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 4:42 +0000

Hi guys, I have a 2006 SR with only one key and they plastic case is broken, still all works but have to be careful when turning the ignition on that the key doesnt fall out of the case. Another new key with push buttons would be nice and use my current one as a spare.
Would the procedures on here work for me if I get the correct model key and program it myself following the instructions on here, I read somthing about having 2 master keys I only have one so wasnt sure if it would work.
Thanks
tcurve

Postby solemandownunder on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 7:42 +0000

Hey there Tcurve....

M8, if you are going to buy from Thailand (kbank477) on ebay....order the 89070-OK330.

It has the ID67 chip & the B41TA module that you need....VERY good value for $$$ as it is OEM.

As far as replacing your broken case, we can help in that regard.

Now, although some peeps have alluded to programming the ID67 CHIP via manual on board process, using only ONE working Master Key, AND there is a process for doing that (although we do not even TRY to use it)...the best way, is to have the CHIP programmed by someone who has the relevant Diagnostic tools for the best result.

This process is called "Pure"....while On Board is not. There are MANY variables when it comes to OBP....whereas "Pure" can overcome these variables with Top Notch Diag equipment all day long.

The best way I can describe it is this....Diag can Clear & Erase keys & Read/Clear Fault Codes easily and effectively, BEFORE programming a new key & re-programming any existing keys.

ALSO, any fault codes found can then be dealt with....IF neccessary.

As far as On Board Programming the remote portion of the Intergrated RKE Key...such as you now have.....the instructions posted above will do that nicely.

As I have no idea where you are, most Diag peeps, such as ourselves tend to charge around $80 to do this. We are in Brissy if we can be of assistance. We will also do the remote programming FREE of charge.

It is WELL worth the investment to have it done this way and be assured that all is well...you will get GUARANTEES with this process....NONE when you DIY ;-)

Hope This Helps.

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby tysonD on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 6:53 +0000

hey guys,

can anyone help me with this..i have a 2012 hilux and have somehow ended up with only the grey key and now remote keys. The key is the G key.

Mr minute have told me that pretty much im going to need to replace my ECU and get two new keys cut costing me around $2000!!! sick!!

is there anything else i can do?

apparently toyota will replace the ECU for $270 + labour and their keys are like $450 each

any suggestions or help
tysonD

Postby BB1 on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 6:59 +0000

You need to send a PM to solemandownunder check the post above yours in the thread - he should be able to help!
BB1

Postby solemandownunder on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 3:23 +0000

tysonD wrote:hey guys,

can anyone help me with this..i have a 2012 hilux and have somehow ended up with only the grey key and now remote keys. The key is the G key.

Mr minute have told me that pretty much im going to need to replace my ECU and get two new keys cut costing me around $2000!!! sick!!

is there anything else i can do?

apparently toyota will replace the ECU for $270 + labour and their keys are like $450 each

any suggestions or help

M8, all the info you have at the moment is correct at this point in time.

We charge around $1200 to do this job and I will explain why.....

With the new 'G" chip system, ONE working master key MUST be present before any other new keys can be added, whether that be a new MASTER or just a valet/sub key.

This part is NOT optional....we need to remove the ECU, take it away and read all the info on the ECU chip via a process we call EEPROM....basically refers to the method of virginising the ECU and then writing 2 new keys to the ecu chip after gathering all the pages of info and then modifying them....it is NOT a small job.

We then place the "new" ECU back into the vehicle and it is ready to go...what we call "plug and play".

There is a VERY careful process of removing and re-introducing the ECU and many steps MUST be followed for it to be successful.....if done wrong it can cosy MANY thousands of $$$$ to rectify.

I must ALSO point out that if you lose your ONLY existing valet /sub key...the grey head one....then you are looking at in excess of $2,500 to get you going again.

We are in Brisbane if we can be of assistance...

Hope all this helps, Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby hiluxsr52221 on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 8:54 +0000

coding a key has two seperate procedures on newer models the above mentioned one only codes the door locks. To code the key for the imobiliser first you have to be using the master key (black key) then insert it in and out of the ignition 5 times leaving it in on the fifth then open and close the door 6 times after closing it on the sixth time pull the key out the security light should come on solid indicating its in program mode and while its solid put the new key in the ignition and wait 1 minute. The security light should stop flashing after 1 minute if all has worked
hiluxsr52221

Postby tysonD on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 3:46 +0000

would it be at all possible to get a used ECU out of a wrecked 2012 hilux and put that in my car? one that has two keys for it still?
tysonD

Postby solemandownunder on Sun, 27 Jan 2013 3:02 +0000

tysonD wrote:would it be at all possible to get a used ECU out of a wrecked 2012 hilux and put that in my car? one that has two keys for it still?

In a word m8....No...NOT possible...sorry...

Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby cizzink11 on Fri, 01 Feb 2013 3:48 +0000

Could someone shoot me a link to the correct key for a 05 SR5 diesel kun26r?

The key that came with my car appears to be a aurion key? It has a boot button and a horn..
cizzink11

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion