Sat Nav Options

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: Sat Nav Options

Postby H20PRF on Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:53 +0000

Rod,

Thats a Good question and one i will be asking TOJO on monday to make sure, i dont know where they fit the GPS reciever i thought it was in the center of the Dash , Actually my next door neighbour has the Grande, i will go and see this arvo and report back

Cheers

Daz
H20PRF

Postby Noel on Wed, 18 Mar 2009 1:06 +0000

Hi All
I have had time to have a play with the new Combo unit

AM FM Radio is excellent
DVD player is great
AUX input I have a cable for running of my IPHONE into it and it is awesome video clip come up perfect. When listening to songs from the iphone I can have a picture slide show going on the screen whilst listening to the ipone music no need for any cd's I have 2,400 songs & 30 Video clips plus I can add movies Etc.
TV PAL system only poor picture maybe my antenna not sure
BT phone people I talk to say my voice is soft and distant need more time to evaluate
GPS Great full AU maps it work seamless with the radio or any audio source including DVD sound only turn by turn instructions cut out the audio sound and come over the speakers which has a separate volume control to get it just right, I believe i will be able to run Oziexplorer on the unit as it operates on windows Mobile still to prove this yet
reverse camera works excellent and has settings for image reversal if required

The menu has an excellent setup and very easily to operate it also has a handy button on the touch screen for night use if to bright when on radio touch the button on the screen and it goes off black, touch the screen anywhere and it comes back on great idea, all up I am happy with the unit for the price. If anyone is in Melbourne and wants to check it out or interstate and want to chat send me a PM and I would be happy to show them or chat, I will upgrade my shed with some new pic's on the weekend.
Cheers
Noel
Noel

Postby Smithyworld on Fri, 19 Apr 2024 9:38 +0000

Noel wrote:Hi All
I have had time to have a play with the new Combo unit

AM FM Radio is excellent
DVD player is great
AUX input I have a cable for running of my IPHONE into it and it is awesome video clip come up perfect. When listening to songs from the iphone I can have a picture slide show going on the screen whilst listening to the ipone music no need for any cd's I have 2,400 songs & 30 Video clips plus I can add movies Etc.
TV PAL system only poor picture maybe my antenna not sure
BT phone people I talk to say my voice is soft and distant need more time to evaluate
GPS Great full AU maps it work seamless with the radio or any audio source including DVD sound only turn by turn instructions cut out the audio sound and come over the speakers which has a separate volume control to get it just right, I believe i will be able to run Oziexplorer on the unit as it operates on windows Mobile still to prove this yet
reverse camera works excellent and has settings for image reversal if required

I look forward to seeing some pics!

The menu has an excellent setup and very easily to operate it also has a handy button on the touch screen for night use if to bright when on radio touch the button on the screen and it goes off black, touch the screen anywhere and it comes back on great idea, all up I am happy with the unit for the price. If anyone is in Melbourne and wants to check it out or interstate and want to chat send me a PM and I would be happy to show them or chat, I will upgrade my shed with some new pic's on the weekend.
Cheers
Noel
Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri, 19 Apr 2024 9:38 +0000.
Smithyworld

Previous

Return to General Discussion