Body Lift Kits for the 2015 and on Hilux

Forum Supporter - dedicated area for the discussions of Vehicle Modification Network.

Body Lift Kits for the 2015 and on Hilux

Postby VMN on Wed, 16 Mar 2016 7:23 +0000

Hi guys, Some of you may be wondering if VMN is going to produce a body lift kit for the new 2015 Hilux. The answer is of course we are!. We sold our first kit the week the model was released back in October but that was to a workshop who fitted the old 150 series kit to their own vehicle.

This week, we've fitted a body lift to the current model and did a fair bit of prototyping along the way as well as documenting the process so we can update our instructions. We've designed a couple of new parts and are getting ready for initial production runs.

Whilst many components will be the same as the 150 series, we've had to design new radiator drop brackets and intercooler mounting spacers. The air inlet extension method is quite different as is the fuel filler bracket.

Because of the additional components, the price will be higher than our existing kit but it will still be quite feasible for DIY fitment.

There is NO cutting required anywhere so the kit is 100% reversible.

If you have any questions, please ask on this thread. I will post more details once I sort out a few photos.

If you are desperate to fit a kit right now, I am sure I can accommodate your needs but the complete kit will be available in about a month.
VehicleMods (RodW)
Vehicle Modifications Network
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Re: Body Lift Kits for the 2015 and on Hilux

Postby VMN on Wed, 23 Mar 2016 7:29 +0000

Well, things are progressing with this kit. The last of the bolts arrived today, I always seem to need bolts that are special order items for my kits. Material for the air inlet extensions are to hand. I finally got quotes back for laser cutting today after waiting patiently for a week. It will take about 2 weeks before I have them back but then they need to go out for powder coating.

I machined up some of the new spacers yesterday so I have everything in stock for a good quantity of kits except the revised radiator drop brackets.

I've got to say that the design and finish of this kit will step it up a level from the original VMN kit launched back in 2009. That is because its a little bit more complicated to put together so we have no choice but to work smarter which in turn means it will look better.

I've already fielded a couple of calls keen to get their hands on one.

Cheers guys, have a great Easter!
VehicleMods (RodW)
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby Richard on Thu, 24 Mar 2016 1:16 +0000

Need pics Rod mate.
Richard

Postby VMN on Thu, 24 Mar 2016 4:44 +0000

Richard

Until this part

Is no longer vaporware.
You'll have to be content with this one

Yes the box has everything required except the vaporware....

Top layer shows:
Air inlet extension with silicone hose on left
Fuel Filler bracket above it
Fastener kit for radiator and intercooler on right including spacers to move the radiator back and the intercooler forward to get a bit more room.

The Radiator drop bracket now includes the circular spacer hence the radius on each end of the bracket to keep it nice and neat.

Anyway, I sent a PO off last night for the bracket and they have confirmed delivery on 6 April then off to powder coat. Its not hard for me to modify some existing drop brackets if you have a problem that needs fixing now but it will look a lot nicer with the new part....
VehicleMods (RodW)
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby rodw on Wed, 13 Apr 2016 6:57 +0000

Sorry, guys I've been crazy busy that I have not had time to update this thread. I picked these up last week from my laser cutter and after a quick cleanup on the linisher, they went to my powdercoater on Friday.

They are due back early next week and then I will have all parts available.

You might notice that they come back to me already countersunk with threads tapped. There was a time when I did those operations myself and I was stressing about how I was going to do it when I had a broken wrist (happened on Melbourne Cup afternoon (don't ask.... glad I was not a horse as they might have put me down!). Anyway, the guys noticed that countersinking and tapping was mentioned on the drawing so they told me had just put in new gear and did they want me to get them to do it all for me! Talk about relieved! ... I've taken the easy way out ever since!
rodw

Postby VMN on Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:53 +0000

Finally got it all together.
The Complete Hilux N80 styleside body lift kit. RRP $738

And the [b]Complete Hilux N80 Trayback bodylift kit. RRP $625[/b]
Now Available. PM your orders until I get it on the website.
VehicleMods (RodW)
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby Torsion on Tue, 24 May 2016 6:22 +0000

Any photo's of these kits installed would be good.
Torsion

Postby Douges on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 2:57 +0000

Do you guys have a dealer near Sydney with any stock? I'm looking for a body lift for a 2012 hilux but need it asap. Willing to drive 5 hours if need be.

Shaun 0432 642 039
Douges

Return to Vehicle Modification Network