not servicing at the stealerships

not servicing at the stealerships

Postby fully loaded on Sun, 12 May 2013 7:33 +0000

do I have to service my truck at the steallership? will it void my extended warranty? what do you guys do?
fully loaded

Re: not servicing at the stealerships

Postby hilder91 on Sun, 12 May 2013 11:48 +0000

u have to get ur car serviced at the stealership to keep ur extended warranty if it had just normal warranty u could of got it done else where.
hilder91

Postby Hobosgold on Sun, 12 May 2013 7:22 +0000

I took my Hilux to the Brighton stealership and they replaced a brand new airfilter and charged for it, i jumped up and down and they gave me my money back on the airfilter, they said I needed new front brakes in 2000klms :roll: so after i did mure than 2000klms i took my car to my local mechanic and he said that the brakes were only half worn and that i had more than 10000ks left on them and they didn't need doing. not happy with the stealership and i would never take my car to a stealship again :twisted:
Hobosgold

Postby 2007Lux on Sun, 12 May 2013 9:37 +0000

hilder91 wrote:u have to get ur car serviced at the stealership to keep ur extended warranty if it had just normal warranty u could of got it done else where.

Wrong. I had extended warranty, had it serviced at my local garage and still had no dramas claiming, including a gear box
"of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
2007Lux

Postby kranky81 on Mon, 13 May 2013 8:14 +0000

2007Lux wrote:
hilder91 wrote:u have to get ur car serviced at the stealership to keep ur extended warranty if it had just normal warranty u could of got it done else where.

Wrong. I had extended warranty, had it serviced at my local garage and still had no dramas claiming, including a gear box

X2
I have had water pump & rear wheel bearing done under extended warranty and don't get our vechile serviced at a Toyota dealer
Cheers Josh
kranky81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cal26 on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:09 +0000

I got a 3 year mechanical protection plan when I got my lux and it is dependent upon regular services and inspections being performed by their service team. In their words.
I will use my regular mechanic for 5oook filter/oil changes and he can check toyota aren't full of it
Cal26

Postby 2007Lux on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:36 +0000

Cal26 wrote:I got a 3 year mechanical protection plan when I got my lux and it is dependent upon regular services and inspections being performed by their service team. In their words.
I will use my regular mechanic for 5oook filter/oil changes and he can check toyota aren't full of it

Things may have changed then. Can you find a link to the document or upload a picture of it? If true this would create a great disadvantage to people who live regionally away from dealerships, assuming dealerships are 'their service teams'. My warranty was a Toyota Extra Care Extended Warranty adminsitered by a branch of Toyota and not the dealer. Who is yours thru, the dealer or TEC?
"of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
2007Lux

Postby Qwerty on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:41 +0000

Statutory 3 year Toyota new car warranty no. Aftermarket dealership driven "extended" warranties , maybe ... Depends on the terms of that particular warranty. It's usually outsourced to some 3rd party.

It's nothing more than a money making gamble with a Zillion outs. They want lock in exorbitant dealer servicing and of course the initial cost of extended warranty.

Dealerships service departments are a joke. Usually one mechanic to a dozen cheap apprentices. Apprentice put there for cheap labour , not for the true spirit of apprenticeship which is to train into skilled workers.

It's a constant battle to get out of fixing things and watching the bottom line. Rort culture.
Qwerty

Postby 10 luxxxx on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 1:11 +0000

Qwerty wrote:Statutory 3 year Toyota new car warranty no. Aftermarket dealership driven "extended" warranties , maybe ... Depends on the terms of that particular warranty. It's usually outsourced to some 3rd party.

It's nothing more than a money making gamble with a Zillion outs. They want lock in exorbitant dealer servicing and of course the initial cost of extended warranty.

Dealerships service departments are a joke. Usually one mechanic to a dozen cheap apprentices. Apprentice put there for cheap labour , not for the true spirit of apprenticeship which is to train into skilled workers.

It's a constant battle to get out of fixing things and watching the bottom line. Rort culture.

Well said mate.
Save your hard earned and give it a hard working mechanic that actually cares about keeping customers happy and doing a great job. Not mr Toyota that won't look after you or your pride and joy.
Sorry if anyone on here works for Toyota but its ya get that we all need to earn a living I guess.
10 luxxxx

Postby mattwhite on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:52 +0000

Factory warranty and Toyota extended anyone can do. A warranty offered by a particular dealer can have any clauses, catches, hidden rules they like.
mattwhite

Postby Cal26 on Fri, 14 Jun 2013 8:12 +0000

2007Lux wrote:
Cal26 wrote:I got a 3 year mechanical protection plan when I got my lux and it is dependent upon regular services and inspections being performed by their service team. In their words.

Things may have changed then. Can you find a link to the document or upload a picture of it? If true this would create a great disadvantage to people who live regionally away from dealerships, assuming dealerships are 'their service teams'. My warranty was a Toyota Extra Care Extended Warranty adminsitered by a branch of Toyota and not the dealer. Who is yours thru, the dealer or TEC?

Can't find anything on their site, i'll scan it in when I get a chance. It was when I financed a used lux through toyota. Instead of just the small list of parts covered under warranty the plan covers about 3 times as many things. Still no cover for injectors though. Only thing is that toyota need to service it otherwise it will void it. Covers the lux for 3 years or up to 200,000k
Cal26

Postby cuzo4x4 on Fri, 14 Jun 2013 8:26 +0000

I have the same thing when I purchase my second hand lux, I'm also led to believe the extra warranty is voided if you modify, services it else were, and if you run over the recommended k,s or the six months intervals the warranty is also voided
If I have anything Good to Say it will be Above.
My Shed: cuzo's Build
Pssst, if anyone asks, I was here between 10pm and 3am last night.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Return to Servicing