MN Mitsubishi Triton Colling System FAILURE.....

MN Mitsubishi Triton Colling System FAILURE.....

Postby Richolux150 on Fri, 15 Jan 2016 5:18 +0000

Hey All,
Just having BIG issues with one of our families 3 MN Tritons.............all are 2013 Diesels and have had a recall to rectify an issue with the cooling system.........the newest vehicle with only 47 k on the clock of only highway driving.......never been off road..........never towed anything,,,,,,,,,,,,driven only by fastidious female owner...........has just had a major failure of the cooling system.........thermostat has shut down the cooling system.....major overheating, guaranteed short engine rebuild, possible long replacement........ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This has been reported in many posts on the the Newtriton website............
The local dealerships attitude has been absolutely appalling, so now my Son and Daughter in law are without their primary means of transportation.......
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Re: MN Mitsubishi Triton Colling System FAILURE.....

Postby oggy on Sat, 16 Jan 2016 2:09 +0000

Do they still use hand grenade gearpox's as well :?
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby martynvella on Sat, 16 Jan 2016 4:41 +0000

never driven one, but I am pretty sure they have this thingo on the dash that displays the engine temperature. A stuck thermostat would be a relatively slow overheat especially to the complete rebuild stage and should have been picked up. Dealer warranties don't mean you can drive with your eyes shut for its duration and let the vehicle destroy itself by ignoring the instruments. If you run out of fuel, is it covered by warranty?
martynvella

Postby Richolux150 on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 8:37 +0000

Yere that's part of the problem.........when complaining that the utes temp gauge is always above normal range, Mitsy says tha'ts normal, (I copped the same attitude with the sluggishment of my Dads car) ..........temp went from normal straight to limp mode.......unfortunately th road they were driving at the time was a whindy range with nowhere to pull over, at all.....
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Postby martynvella on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 9:05 +0000

Hmmm, if it was normal they would have moved the lines on the gauge to make it normal, well to that affect anyway, if you have the complaints and responses in writing seems like a straight forward sort of claim. A quick read of the operators manual would have given the owners cause to bypass the dealer and go to mitsi. Another thing that will be asked, why did the owners put up with it for so long, 5 services?

Anyway, good luck.
martynvella

Postby stevehastings on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 9:21 +0000

People were I live have had a rebuild on there's and they were the new 2015 model. A guy hat works there was joking about how many have come back in and said the stickers on the demo is a joke, best tirton ever.
Live for today, as tomorrow is not here yet.
stevehastings

Postby hylux on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:18 +0000

Been following this on newtriton. Started in 2014 and mitso did a recall to change coolant, radiator cap, flash the ecu and replace thermostat. The evil side of this was to try and remove air pockets in the motor due to a design fault. If it fixed it they wouldn't need to replace the motor. Unfotunatley it hasn't really worked and they are replacing motors by the ship load.
The damage that can occur includes #3 piston melting, tubo, radiator, hoses tec all being damaged by the fault. Temp guages are going up slightly which is fobbed off by mitso as normal bur coolant is pooring out of overflow and ecu goes into limp mode.
It sounds to me to be as bad as the Nissan grenade issue but hasn't really been picked up on the internet yet
I love hybrid cars - means more fuel for me
hylux

Postby Richolux150 on Mon, 18 Jan 2016 6:00 +0000

hylux wrote:Been following this on newtriton. Started in 2014 and mitso did a recall to change coolant, radiator cap, flash the ecu and replace thermostat. The evil side of this was to try and remove air pockets in the motor due to a design fault. If it fixed it they wouldn't need to replace the motor. Unfotunatley it hasn't really worked and they are replacing motors by the ship load.
The damage that can occur includes #3 piston melting, tubo, radiator, hoses tec all being damaged by the fault. Temp guages are going up slightly which is fobbed off by mitso as normal bur coolant is pooring out of overflow and ecu goes into limp mode.
It sounds to me to be as bad as the Nissan grenade issue but hasn't really been picked up on the internet yet

Exact....spot on......
Cheers Richo
Richolux150

Postby Richolux150 on Mon, 18 Jan 2016 6:03 +0000

Anyway, good luck.[/quote]

Marty....thanks for your helpful feedback.....
Cheers Richo
Richolux150

Postby Richolux150 on Wed, 03 Feb 2016 7:40 +0000

Mmmmmm update,
Mitsi have run out of replacement long motors and have about a six week wait.....
They have however provide a loan car provided by Thrifty with a 2k excess.
So I wonder how many reverse doies the ASX does before it blows..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Cheers Richo
Richolux150

Postby hylux on Thu, 04 Feb 2016 4:06 +0000

Mitsubishi

Motor
Is
Total
Shit
Until
Blows
I
Support
Hilux
Instead

Well that's the best I can come up with after several beers. Who can come up with one for triton?
I love hybrid cars - means more fuel for me
hylux

Postby Richolux150 on Thu, 04 Feb 2016 7:32 +0000

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers Richo
Richolux150

Postby Richolux150 on Mon, 29 Feb 2016 8:07 +0000

So quick update......new long motor went in a couple of weeks ago..........now the clutch has had some sort of catastrophic failure.........so back to the dealership on the tilt tray again......all this on a road car with less than 40k on it.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers Richo
Richolux150

Postby 4WD Supplies on Tue, 01 Mar 2016 8:38 +0000

Good news on getting the engine replacement, but a bugger about the clutch. Probably not done up properly or something stupid like that. Goodluck with it. ;)
4WD Supplies

Return to Warranty/Recalls