lifting front after a standard 2 inch lift

lifting front after a standard 2 inch lift

Postby mylesy on Wed, 04 May 2011 2:09 +0000

Hey guys, just recently got a 2 inch lift done on the lux, and as I have the heavy duty springs at the back the front has a bit of a nose dive. Just wondering if you can wind the new torsion bars up without affecting the CV angle too much, or would they already have done this??

Cheers, Mylesy
mylesy

Re: lifting front after a standard 2 inch lift

Postby ultimate on Wed, 04 May 2011 2:22 +0000

They have probably adjusted the Torsion bars to provide the right amount of bump stop clearance in the front (Usually 1/3 clearance to the top bump stop and 2/3 clearance to the bottom). If you adjust it more, you will loose to much down travel and get a lot of bump steer. Also it would raise the front too high when the rear is loaded.

My recommendation would be to look at the rear first. If you aren't carrying enough weight to warrant the HD Springs, you should look dropping a leaf out or changing the leaf spring design. If you are only carrying occasional loads, the spring will always sit a bit too high when the vehicle is unloaded.

The main things to remember are:
1) The rear always has to sit higher to maintain the correct weight transfer through cornering and braking
2) Don't worry about adjusting anything until the suspension has had time to settle (at least 1000km).
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Re: lifting front after a standard 2 inch lift

Postby mylesy on Wed, 04 May 2011 2:39 +0000

Thanks Brendan, I got the lift 3 days before Easter and i have already clocked up over 1900kms due to some camping trips :D I went over to Opposite Lock yesterday for them to go over the ute and check all the bolts and what not and it was all sweet, so it should have settled by now.

I have a mine spec steel tray with 2 loaded up toolboxes on the majority of the time due to work, and usually once a month we take the tinny out for a run, so it does get a workout on the back, just wondering if I could gain anything else at the front without replacing brand new shocks and rods but looks like the answer is no :evil:
mylesy

Return to Suspension