Lovell Shocks, anyone running them?

Lovell Shocks, anyone running them?

Postby Locknut on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 4:22 +0000

G'day guys

Lovell shocks have come up as an option for my truck so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Any issues with durability, sagging, ride quality etc?
Locknut

Re: Lovell Shocks, anyone running them?

Postby bkstravel on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 6:19 +0000

prob not helpful but my account. i went to a suspension place where i am specifically to look at the lovells last week, as he was a supplier of them, and other brands, i was looking to get two new rear shocks to replace the battered ones on the lux i had the coin with me to buy them there, (seller knew this), well the dealer talked me out of them. :shock:
he recommended bilsteins and was implying they were a far superior shock over the lovells.
and as i have had nothing but bad luck with bilsteins and told the dealer this, to his shock(as they all must say ohh never herd of any problems with them! Well now u have.) and vowed never to return to billies, walked out empty handed now looking elsewhere.
bkstravel

Postby Steveyb on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 7:15 +0000

I have been running lovells shocks and struts with EFS springs for a few years now without drama, I don't do hardcore 4wding But do get fairly into it here and there along with towing boat and camper. I would go them again without hesitation
NLC
Steveyb

Postby Locknut on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 3:35 +0000

Thanks guys, ending up going with outback armour. Brendan at ultimate is out of the aussie ryder's and has recommended these so we'll see how they go. Can't wait to get them in, it will be a world of difference to what I am running at the moment (if you can call it suspension).
Locknut

Postby Mak81 on Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:30 +0000

My mate just had these put onto his lux last week. Needless to say, we went up to Landcruiser Park to test them. He was pretty stoked and happy with them. As I was the the passenger(own a luxy fitted with bilsteins myself) will be getting these next time, which I'm due now. Big bore and the quality looks the goods. Not sure how they will go in the long run. I guess we'll be the guinea pig's :|
Mak81

Postby danthebuilder on Tue, 29 Sep 2015 5:21 +0000

Locknut wrote:Thanks guys, ending up going with outback armour. Brendan at ultimate is out of the aussie ryder's and has recommended these so we'll see how they go. Can't wait to get them in, it will be a world of difference to what I am running at the moment (if you can call it suspension).

Mate how are you finding the outback Armour set up going? Still great guns?
danthebuilder

Postby Locknut on Tue, 09 Feb 2016 8:48 +0000

Hey Dan! Sorry for the late reply buddy, I don't log on very often as a result the 'new posts' didn't include the last post.

I'm finding the Outback Armour really good. I haven't had any dramas with the shocks at all. I've fitted a sway bar relocator as it was touching the bottom of the shock. At some point I'll fit bigger UCA/LCA as the arms are hitting the springs. I've been assured that this is not an issue however, I don't like it.

Have you got a set? Any issues?
Locknut

Return to Suspension